Need help with my setup

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Ive got an mpc with 8 outs and want to know whether i can get those outs to my pc into cubase an be able to eq them while its playing if you get me. The only thing i can think of is a firewire sound card but would i ba able to eq the sounds in cubase without mixing it down?

Peace

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
I just had a look and i havent got enuff room for a mixer, the only thing that would fit is one of those soundcards.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
The Delta 1010 or 1010 LT would work for you. Both of them have 10 in and 10 out. The only difference is that the 1010 feeds out to an external box, the 1010LT uses a wire harness attached to the PCI card. One of my boys has the 1010 with the box. He's had no problems.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
U can use anysound card, just record enbale the track in cubase and you can moniter it the audio in real time. This means you can add effects to the audio etc... without recording... I would go with an m-audio soundcard... also u may be able to get away with it now but if u plan on adding hardware later on a good mixer is a must

TO be honest the 8 outs is highly overrated, espsically when u have other sounds coming off differnt gear, its usually easier to solo each track and record the loop, takes me about 10 min to track out an entire song.....

My tutorial is here
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jason12/cubase_tracking_lofi.WMV

this is old, i use pro-tools now, same thing though

class...

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Thanks fot the help people imma have a look into the things you metioned.

Peace