Need Multitrack recording advise...

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay here it goes...
I have a the 61Key Classic Korg Triton Workstation fully expanded with SCSI,64mb of RAM,EXB-PCM05 Vintage Archives and EXB-PCM03 Future Loop Construction.I been producing everything on this powerful keyboard for 5years.No other equipment needed if you know how to read your manual fully,applying it,and bringing out your equipment potential & yours.When i normally finish a track and want to record it on PC.I record it directly off two of the six 1/4 STEREO outputs to PC thru my Sound Blaster Audigy LS.Now my keyboard samples/sounds outputs in stereo @ 16bit/48khz factory, so i record my beats in stereo at max res 24bits/48khz to Sound Forge 8.
Before i used record the levels coming out of my board and into the computer at the highest levels possible (0db) without clipping/redlining, but when i played it back it sounded dull and low-med leveled that required me to turn up the speakers after.Being irritating by low sounding recordings(and reading a Hi-Tek interview about using EQ's) i experimented with Equalizers and found that by EQ'ing each track separately i can get a much higher dynamic range.Now the Triton has an onboard 3-16 Band EQ but it has to be assigned and it uses up 1 of the 5 FX's that i really need.
.So needing an EQ for each track, i need a mixer but i want to be able to freely change it whenever i want, hints a multitrack computer sound card or Digital Audio System using Adobe Audition 2.0 to do multitrack recording & editing,like the EQ for each sound.
I want to get the M-Audio Delta 1010 Digital System for multitrack recording.

But heres the problem...,how do i record each sound separately when my triton doesnt have any sort of MTC/Audio Sync system to keep each track i record on time/in sync so the playback of the combined song is in sync.I really dont want to move each track in sync and hope it sounds okay,plus its time consuming.
What equipment should i use to accomplish multitrack & timing?
Should i hook it up to my computer with MIDI and use a midi sequence start point to the keyboard playback and record that?
What should i do?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
you need a good timing multitrack, cubase or sonar are ok, the reason I didnt mention protools because you must have the gear and the software to match up....basically after you have made your track, you just sync the midi in and out from your computer or (usb to midi port/sport) set the computer to master and midi clock, take a note of the bpm you recorded the track to on the triton, then just put that bpm in the transport in your software multi track, then set up an audio track in your program for as many are on the sequence on the triton for your song......then solo each track one at a time, if you have everything synced up you just press play on the transport in your soft recorder and playback should start on the triton and the play light should come on.....then repeat this, once you have the individual waves in your computer you can make your mix sound much better.....does that come close to answering your question...??? I had the triton extreme and used to do this all the time into protools.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay sounds good but do i record each track/sound just as a loop or do i record it as long as i neeed it.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I would say record each song as long as you need it, record five minutes of bass, five minutes of strings, etc. If you just record loops, you may have some weird edits when you try to copy and paste them out.
Use Midi clock, have your computer as the master, and triton as the slave. Give yourself one or two bars of count in so the two machines are on the same page.
Good luck,
Jay

Phi'Zik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Why not buy a audio soundcard with 8 inputs (150$/€) , separate your sound in the outputs of the triton , record it in one time and that's all !?
Record a triton with a soundblaster => "sounded dull and low-med leveled "
The best way is to record the triton in a digital input ...

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Phi'Zik said:
Why not buy a audio soundcard with 8 inputs (150$/€) , separate your sound in the outputs of the triton , record it in one time and that's all !?
Record a triton with a soundblaster => "sounded dull and low-med leveled "
The best way is to record the triton in a digital input ...

The Classic Korg Triton released in 1999 doesn have any Digital Outs or 8 outputs, only the rack mount version has all of that but im not going to buy it just for that.

ill o.g.
I feel you on this question. I've been trying to sync up my TStudio 88 to Cubase LE for multitracking flawlessly for a min. now with limited results. I've been on all the Triton forums & Cubase forums with out much progress. If somebody gets this or a similar combo to be on-point then please school me.

TM

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
LOL I have been dealin with this for a minute now.
I low tech the high tech stuff but it works!
I have the Triton Rack which has the scewyist sequencer I have ever seen but...
The low tech way of doing waht your talking about is to do say a 4 count hh intro then synch up your tracks, seperate, one at a time, into whatever you are using then you can freak it eq it whatever until happy with it.
This takes a long time cuz if it a 4min song your are going to do each trak for 4 min.
IT will work tho! However you must have good timing :)
Lo tech...

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wonder how do the "Neptunes" or "Timbaland"do it since they both use it on every single...

members online