Need some FL Expertise...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yo check it,,,,

when I got a my final product in FL,,,I export each bar/loop into a wav file. I then open them up in Soundforge and paste them to my likin. NOW,,,,is there a way I can record them joints in "real-Time". Ya know,,,play that shit and switch up it up live.(meaning, take out the bassline for a loop, drop the snare,,etc) All the time its exporting as a whole joint in an MP3 or wav format? If not,,,does any software do that? If ya understand my meanin,,,cause that shit is tedious in SF.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
STRESS, i USED To Do THAT SHiT, BUT YoU DoNT HAVE To, WHiCH i LEARNED THE HARD WAY....
THATS WHAT THE PLAYLiST iS FoR, i USED To EXPoRT MY SHiT AND SEQUENCE iN CAKEWALK, AND i KNoW EXACTLY WHAT YoU GOiN THRoUGH.i CAN SHoW YoU BETTER THAN i CAN TELL YoU.
BE BACK WiTH A PiC.BUT BASiCALLY, You SEQUENCE iN THE DifFERENT CHANNELS oF FRUiTYLoOPS AND THEN You SWiTCH To THE "SoNG" FUNCTiON FRoM THE "PAT"-TERN FUCNTiON AND TAKE iT To THE PLAYLiST, iTLL PLAY YoUR BEAT AS A WHoLE SoNG FoR AS LoNG AS YoU SEE FiT, iNSTEAD oF JUST A LoOP.

RELEASE;i SHALL RETURN

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sup, weed head...open up the PlayList in the upper left where the options are, click on there you'll see live mode, click it and you'll see a bunch of bent up arrows to the left of the pattern name these are what ya use to activate each pattern. But you'll have to have you patterns well organize and placed, so you can "freestylye" turn them on. But before ya start mixing remember to press record first then play and it will save the freestyle pattern you've just made....
Glad To Help

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
what I do is use one pattern for one sound and make my track in the playlist (don't forget to click song next to the playbutton on the left). I put every individual sample or synth (vsti) on a different channel in the mixer and than export it to wav. this way you get a .wav file for every sound of your track (sequence) and you can open it in a multitracker like acid to mix it and edit it again.
hope this makes sence.

I never knew that about the live mode krzy!!!! thanx for pointing that out.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
oK iM BACK
iN THE "MAiN" PiC i CiRCLED THREE oPTiONS.
THE RED CiRCLE REPRESENTS THE CHANNELS, MiNE iS SET oN oNE, i USED 15 DiFFERENT CHANNELS.BUT i NoRMALLY PRoGRAM EVERYTHiNG iN THE FiRST CHANNEL AND THEN iF iT SoUNDS GoOD iLL EXPoRT THE oTHER SoUNDS To DifFERENT CHANNELS AND THEN SEQUENCE SHiT.
oNCE iM READY To SEQUENCE, iLL SWiTCH FRoM "PAT" To "SoNG" WHiCH iS THE REPRESENTED iN THE YELLoW CiRCLE.AND ENTER THE "PLAYLiST" WHiCH iS REPRESENTED BY THE BLUE CiRCLE.

oNCE ALL oF THAT iS DoNE AND YoU ENTER THE PLAYiST, YoUR FREE To SEQUENCE AND iT SHoULD LoOK LiKE THE SECoND PiCTURE.

YoU NoW No LoNGER HAVE To SEQUENCE WiTH WAV. FiLES AND SiT WiTH YoUR FACE ALL CLoSE To THE SCREEN To MAKE SURE YoUR WAV. FiLES ARE PLACED CoRRECTLY.
i KNoW HoW MUCH oF A HASSLE THAT iS.

Attachments

• FL MAIN copy.jpg
    FL MAIN copy.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 124
  • FL PLAYLIST copy.jpg
    FL PLAYLIST copy.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 104

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
AND JUST To BREAK DoWN WHAT YoU SEE iN THE PLAYLiST, CUZ iM ToO LAZY To LABEL THE CHANNELS.

THE GREEN CiRCLE (CHANNELS 2, 3 AND 4) iS THE iNTRo
THE oRANGE CiRCLES (CHANNELS 1 AND 9) ARE DiFFERENT DRUM SEQUENCES WHiCH iS WHY THEY ALTERNATE BACK AND FoRTH LiKE THAT.
THE RED CiRCLE (CHANNEL 12) iS A BREAK iN THE MAiN 16 BAR SEQUENCE.
AND THE BLUE CiRCLE (6, 7, 8, 13, 14, AND 15) MAKE UP A BREAK iN THE BEAT WHERE i ELiMiNATED THE PRECUSSiON.
AND THEN THERE ARE JUST oTHER SoUNDS THAT MAKE UP THE BEAT.
THE PLAYLiST MAKES iT So EASY To EDiT A BEAT WiTHoUT HAViNG To Go THRoUGH THE WHoLE SEQUENCE.iF YoU DoNT LiKE SoMETHiNG YoU HEAR, oR iF You WANT To ADD SoMETHiNG YoU DoNT HAVE To Go BACK, CHANGE iT, EXPoRT THE WAV. AGAiN AND THEN RESEQUENCE.

i KNoW THE NEXT STEP iS To PoST THE BEAT To MAKE iT ALL CoMPLETE BUT YALL GoTTA WAiT FoR "BATTLE THAT"..........NoT SoRRY.

Attachments

• FL PLAYLIST BREAKDOWN.jpg
    FL PLAYLIST BREAKDOWN.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 128

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
yo i do it the easiest way... i sequence all my beats in real time... making a full sequenced beat takes no time...

just make a loop in the step sequencer, build that shit as big as u want whatever, just the main loop with everything that you want in the song...

then head over to the playlist... drag that pattern out about 64 bars...

then click on another pattern in the playlist and have that shit start at the beginning of the playlist...

switch to song mode...

start your beat with the metronome on to give u a little chance to put down what you want...

peep it... the 1,2,3...0 buttons on your keyboard correspond to your top 10 instruments in the step sequencer... these numbers mute or unmute that instrument... ctrl+(number) solo's that instrument, and ctrl+(number already solo'd) brings back all the other instruments... you can also right or left click on the little red dot to the left of the step sequencer to solo, unsolo, or mute...

hit record and thats it... the only thing to remember is that you have to go from left to right... like for instance you can sequence the first 16 bars fine and then sequence the next 16 bars in another pattern starting where the other left off, but then if you decide to erase the first 16 bars automation and re-do it, the 2nd 16 bars will be fucked up for some reason...

have fun... this is how i've been doing my all my beats since early summer... cutting and pasting shit is such a fuckin hassle... this is the bomb...

a drawback is though... to put a real bridge in with different notes and shit would probably require that you put them where you want them ahead of time... i hardly ever fuck with bridges in my beats...

another drawback is that it might take a minute depending on your reaction time and your computer's delay to get the beat to sound perfect, like those cut and paste jobs... but you get better at it and eventually you will be making beats 1 time through perfectly...

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
benny beatz said:
peep it... the 1,2,3...0 buttons on your keyboard correspond to your top 10 instruments in the step sequencer... these numbers mute or unmute that instrument... ctrl+(number) solo's that instrument, and ctrl+(number already solo'd) brings back all the other instruments.

Damn, I been clicking the little red lights for ever! I'd even reorganize the instruments so I didn't have to move the mouse too far. This shit definitely helps.

Ctrl

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
yup just highlight all of the samples and go to edit and hit copy........then paste it to the channel u want........hint: a quick way to highlight all of the samples is to double click the green light by one of em

pz
Bosta

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
Cewl Blaxploitation Wallpaper Man!!!

YEAH i HAD THiS BAD ASS PiCTURE oF MYA BACK THERE FoR A WHiLE, i CHANGE iT EVERY NoW AND THEN.

members online