Need sum equipment for STRICTLY computer beatmaking

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im getting tired of using a stupid mouse of controling and tweaking shit in Cubase SX, and I need some help.

Ok, I would like 2 buy a Control Surface, but they 2 expensive.
I wish I had one of them Tascam FW-1884 Interface and Control Surface, but can't afford it :(

I saw a JL COOPER CS-32 MINI DESK USB on Ebay for 349.00 AUD which is 264.947 USD.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JL-Cooper-CS...418507098QQcategoryZ23784QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Can anyone tell me if this would do the job?

Now to monitor the sound, would it be better 2 get a ALESIS MULTIMIX USB 8 Mixer, or an Audio Interface?

And for monitors I found some SAMSON RESOLVE 50a's which are like 48% off.

Can anyone tell me any better things 2 do, or give me sum advice.

Peace

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well since that JL Cooper sale is dun, I have found something even better.
A TASCAM FW-1082 FW Interface and Control Surface.
Now I might save up money 2 buy one. Has anyone here used one???

buffalony

ill o.g.
do u have a keyboard controller?
I use an edirol pcr-50. It has 8 knobs and 8 sliders. all programable ofcourse. I know theres a cubase set-up I can import. But I dont
I rarely use the knobs or sliders. They always work for something when I move em!!!
So as always it depends on preference. I think that JL COOPER CS-32 MINI DESK USB was pretty sweet but do you really need it?
I say u just get a real good set of powered monitors and a decent sound card. The sound card will come with mixer software.

Now I don't know what experience level your at, if i'm off sorry.

givin some more detail as to what equip u already have helps 2.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been just beats for about a year, with FL Studio and Cubase SX.
I don't have a keyboard controller, but I'm looking 2 buy one, an ESI Key Control 49 is good enough.
The reason I want to purchase the Tascam FW-1082, is because me n my homie r planning 2 build a home studio, and I want to go the Soundcard-less way, and also 2 control Cubase SX.

Now I might go the soundcard way, but I don't undastand what u said that "The sound card will come with mixer software."

Thanx 4 tha help

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeh I saw the Behringer BCF2000, and I was thinking about getting it, but its USB, so I decided not to get it.
Now the reason I want a Tascam FW-1082 is because it has everything I need in one package, plus I can use the FW-1082 in 3 MODES:
* COMPUTER: DAW control mode
* MIDI CTRL: MIDI controller mode (with 4 BANKs)
* MONI MIX: Input monitor or stand-alone mixer mode

If I was to get a Behringer BCF2000, I would need to purchase a new soundcard, mixer, and monitors, but with the FW-1082, I just need monitors.
And I will probably get a M Audio Keystation 49e, since LonCHainy said they excellent.

Thanx 4 tha help once more

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LonChainy said:
DJLocc...check this out man...very sound product with good reviews across the board....

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-BCF2000--brand-29.html

I myself have the JL Cooper mini desk..its a nice board but it doesnt have a keyset that is easily programmable..and the driver is a bitch to install....as far as midi controllers..look to the M-Audio line...EXCELLENT

i bought the BCR 2000 rotary midi controller from behringer. Its really nice! (seriously!!!) reason why is because i already had a keyboard but it wasn't a controller so i got this extra device.

features
1.)On the one surface it has 32 knobs that can control what ever know you want.
2.)it still has 16 buttons on the first surface!
3.)just to make this silly, it has 32 presets so thats 1536 different knobs and buttons that can control what ever you want!!!

on another note, I was thinking of getting the BCF2000 cuz of its impressive alternative but but im having trouble programming my bcr to Protools. however there is tuns of support on cubase on how to set it up. The BCF also has Automatic faders which is a pretty sick show for some newbie haha.

these 2 devices "BCR & BCF" connect to each other as expandable units so you can have 2, or 3, ect... BCFs to contols multipal tracks rather than 8 i think it is or maybe its 6?

anyways its by behringer and its CHEAP. there is zero audio going through these devices so the name behringer cant make it sound like shit haha.
A 100% midi device that i will recommend to anyone that doesn't have alot of cash for a Mackie MCU, Command 8, control surface!

Attachments

• BCR2000_medium.jpg
    BCR2000_medium.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 79
  • BCF2000_medium.jpg
    BCF2000_medium.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 82

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it doesnt get better than my studio on the budget.. check it out:
-mpc1k for the sequencer
-midi keyboard for composing melodies
-turntable for sampling
-reason as soudn module (audio device: firewire)
-adobe as recording module (audio device: creative audigy)
-computer with 2 soundcards: creative audigy 2 and firewire410 (run everything into firewire and then optical(tosec) into the creative audigy to record in Adobe audition).

the one computer acts as two computers with the routing of sound devices.. it's everything i need or ever wanted in my studio

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iszazial I was thinking abut gettin the BCF2000, now I probably will.
I have 2 go a music store and check em out. If it looks good I'ma get it.

Chrono y do u route the FW 410 into ur Audigy? U should just record vocals into ur FW 410, or get a preamp if it sounds shit.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djloccdown said:
Iszazial I was thinking abut gettin the BCF2000, now I probably will.
I have 2 go a music store and check em out. If it looks good I'ma get it.
410, or get a preamp if it sounds shit.

yeah enjoy

i bought the BCR for 200 bucks in canada since thats where i live but thats a pretty good deal however. Im glade I purchesed it but keep in mind the set up... for flstudio i had to download a dashboard to make it work with it and i know the bcr is compatable to work with protools but i've not really taken the time to work so much with it. however it can be done with the bcf cuz ive seen posts time and time again.

btw im from canada and Protools costed me 588 but recently it came down in price and its around 500 now.
it not only comes with the software for protools 7.1.1 but comes with the mbox2 incase your interested...
i know a few engineers that have \recomeded this program to me so i actually bought it and its incredible.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iszazial said:
yeah enjoy

i bought the BCR for 200 bucks in canada since thats where i live but thats a pretty good deal however. Im glade I purchesed it but keep in mind the set up... for flstudio i had to download a dashboard to make it work with it and i know the bcr is compatable to work with protools but i've not really taken the time to work so much with it. however it can be done with the bcf cuz ive seen posts time and time again.

btw im from canada and Protools costed me 588 but recently it came down in price and its around 500 now.
it not only comes with the software for protools 7.1.1 but comes with the mbox2 incase your interested...
i know a few engineers that have \recomeded this program to me so i actually bought it and its incredible.

Im stayin wit Cubase SX until I save up enough money 2 buy more equipment. I was looking at an Mbox with Protools LE6 software which is pretty cheap, and I read that LE6 can be upgraded for to Protools 7 for FREE.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djloccdown said:
Im stayin wit Cubase SX until I save up enough money 2 buy more equipment. I was looking at an Mbox with Protools LE6 software which is pretty cheap, and I read that LE6 can be upgraded for to Protools 7 for FREE.
yeah you would probably have to read up on that as i bought 6.8 originaly and they made me register my hardware before i could download the software. I guess your getting a refurbished model from digi?

sweet thing was is that i dont have thatmuch cash to spend but the local music store called long and mcquade has a internal financing structure that allowed me to buy this stuff with no credit or nothing, just a licence and my address... risk takers but im not complaning

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iszazial said:
yeah you would probably have to read up on that as i bought 6.8 originaly and they made me register my hardware before i could download the software. I guess your getting a refurbished model from digi?

sweet thing was is that i dont have thatmuch cash to spend but the local music store called long and mcquade has a internal financing structure that allowed me to buy this stuff with no credit or nothing, just a licence and my address... risk takers but im not complaning

Well me n my homez r about 2 start building our Studio in his house.
If I have enough money later, I might look to purchase a Mbox, as I'll be needing ProTools for recording vocals.
Damn I wish there was a Long and McQuade store here in Aus.

Thanx 2 all tha fam dat helped

Peace

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djloccdown said:
Well me n my homez r about 2 start building our Studio in his house.
If I have enough money later, I might look to purchase a Mbox, as I'll be needing ProTools for recording vocals.
Damn I wish there was a Long and McQuade store here in Aus.

Thanx 2 all tha fam dat helped

Peace

yeah long and mcquade is sick!

good luck with your studio man

members online