neptunes or timbaland

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
It's funny... The Neptunes are 3 beat makers and I honestly think Timbo's shit is hotter. His beats are insane. He uses the sickest sounds, he'll put sounds together you would never think could go together. Neptunes are good too though, don't get me wrong. Timbaland in my opinion is nicer though.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think....

...this thread will generate a few opinion wars. Tim and the Neps have riduckulos resumes. The only way to settle it would be to have them face off.

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Yeah these kind of threads are old boring topics that we'll never find an answer to, so why waste our time gossiping like internet geeks about who's better.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Timbo absolutely!!!

I can see the neptunes gone in the next 5 years. Me personally, im all neptuned out. Its kinda played out. They need to flip they style.

Tim been makin hot shit for the longest. And i like how he started holdin back on sellin his beats to everybody. I think dats the Tunes prob, they take what they can. Over exposure. And you definitely wont last like that, but they gettin they money right.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Two different styles...when it comes to complex and head nodding DRUM PATTERNS Tim got it but when it comes to over all insturments and a new feeling sound I say the neptunes

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey did ya'll know the Neptunens and Timbo are from the same area in VA? Did you know that Timbo used to be in a group with Pharell and Chad when they were younger? So its no wonder that they both make slammin beats along with the fact that some their beats can be mistaken for eachothers. No one really understands that the reason they are compared so often is because they all came up together. Both the Neptunes and Timbo were schooled in the early 90's by Teddy Riley, another super producer with a unique sound, who just happens to be from VA also. Get the connection. So to defuse the debate. Both the Neptunes and Timbo are because the came from the same school of thought.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i guess a group being a collection of people (most likely more than one) and tim pharrell and chad make 3 people...2's company 3's a group, figure it out...

*Disclaimer: this was just a joke...dont take it seriously*

C

Copenhagen

As far as I'm aware of, Pharell was in a one group with Timbo (back then Dj Timmy Tim) and in another group with Chad and Shay.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Why choose?

Yo. I like them both they're both different and dont forget Neptunes is a group and not a one man band...

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well then hows he do it?

Is he just one hell of a programmer? I mean I don't play instruments either but I still do the majority of my beats live. I wonder if Timbo brings in musicians to play the parts he's hearing in his head, like Dr. Dre does? Timbo probably comes up with some dope ideas on his board, then brings a musician to play the parts and then Timbo arranges
the tracks. My point is that don't have to be a trained musician to make good hip-hop.

da_rippa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im likin dis feedback. yea tim uses alot of live musicians. like fo genuines so anxious. he does have a lil musical talent becuz he writes songs such as cry me a river.

B

Billy Bathgate

I like the Neptunes stuff. Really liked the the NERD album. They are different. and these days of people scared to do something different thing they will miss instead of a hit, is rare. I think Timbaland is dope too. but I just like the Neptunes.

M

M.Rell

WELL I GREW UP LISTENIN TO TIMBALAND EVER SINCE I WAS IN 5TH 6TH GRADE,ME BEING FROM THE SAME AREA AS NEPTUNES AND TIMBALAND IN VIRGINIA MYSELF. I WAS ALWAYS HEARING TIMBALAND AND NEPTUNE TRAX. ANOTHER HOT PROUCER YALL NEED TO PEEP FROM VA IS NOTTZ. HE PRODUCED BUSTA RHYMES: FIRE, BAD DREAMS, EVERYBODY RISE,TRIP OUTTA TOWN. HE ALSO PRODUCED FOR EDOG, 50 CENT, KARDINAL OFFICIALS'S "SICK" JOINT.
VA IS THE NATURAL BORN LAND OF PRODUCERS.

HOLLA

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Oh hell yeah Nottz got hot beats, the studio I go to gets beats from him for their project evry now and then, he did a lot of Busta beats.....but look Imma tell you I do not think there would be hot Neptunes beats and maybe be none without Timbo having laid that foundation, ya digg?like separating an egg from the yoke....but yeah I mean there are sooo many producer that have come from VA I don't understand it you are right though, DC too....can't 4get about Chuckie Thompson right across the bridge that did a lot of the production on Mary J's and Biggies platinum joints...

C

Crate Raider

^^^i feel that....i can't really play nuttin, i program pretty much everything except basslines. as for the neptunes vs. timbo, i like the neptunes more but timbo's a little more versatile

members online