New Artist

ill o.g.
Hey saw this site yesterday, looks nice to me, good forum. I've been making music for a while now, but Im starting to bust some hiphop tracks out, wanna get serious with it, stick some time and energy into an mc or mcs. Maybe you would like to check my shit, Ive been checking some of yours but im a bit too shy and too unknown to start busting comments on this and that right away. My homepage link in my profile is not actually my homepage, but a link to where my music is posted. The hardcore tracks on there are probably not the kind of hardcore you're thinking of, but maybe you'll like that shit too. Im working on a new track in that genre with a sample from flav-o-flav where he says 'bass for your face, london', except i leave the london off. makes a nice break....

As for my equipment, nothing much loool, im a software man, and I dont use any of the shit ya'll use either. I use a program called Buzz, been using it for around 5 years now, check it , its wicked, steep learning curve but its a complete studio, can do anything (and prolly more, IMHO) than reason, FL, but im being pretty biased here. I just know it and use it, thats all, its got soft synths, sequencers, samplers, hard disk recorders, very basic sample editor, trackers, tonz of FX, can use VST perfectly, way too much to name and even to learn in a week. My view on sampling/not sampling is this: i do both! and sometimes i combine. why not? some tracks sound better with just samples, some sound really phat with phat synths, its simply a matter of what sounds good to you and what you think sounds tight. I also play instruments, guitar, bass, srums, a bit of keyboard, when i get an electric guitar and a electric bass ill even throw that in there. i like to do a lot of different shit as you can see on my buzz-music page. I also have a tight little midiplus keyboad/controller, it has 4 octaves of keys, a pitch bend wheel, modulation wheel, and slide. this is not an expensive piece of equipment to get and i recommend it to all, its meant purely for controlling external synths, and does that well. you can pump some wicked vst basslines with those wheels!

Anywayyyyyz, rambling on and on about my damn self, hey to all, lookin forward to hearin some feedback.
Peace

buzz link : http://buzzmachines.com
my music : http://buzzmusic.wipe-records.org/index.php?id=12&action=details&userid=260

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
:wazzup: , Welcome to Illmuzik!

first of all, i have heard your beats:

Revenge of the Phuncksta - well, raw funky biz right here. this one suffers from the so called: 'BUZZ SYNDROME' ala weak sound\mixing\mastering. the drums are fresh but lack presence, and while the sub booms just right, it's not mixed correctly. plus, there ain't much of a musical content right here.

Takin' Over This Joint - same story - aforesaid...

these were just my humble comments, plus, remember that you're just in the beginning of your hip-hop beatmaking learning curve, so keep up the good work :thumb:

Buzz, while being one of the most advanced software applications on the market, suffers from TOO MANY CONS, comparing to the pros. it has a powerful MODULAR interface, true. but it's hella unstable and yet again - suffers from an under-average audio engine. eventually, it's all about the user, but still, i would not recommend using buzz. however, if you already choose trackers, you got PSYCLE (which has a much more powerful and better coding\audio engine\vst support). in my opinion, using trackers in order to create hip-hop is slightly masochistic. trackers are just not built for loop-based music creation. PERIOD. sure you can do D'N'B with 'em, and even hip-hop, but why suffer when nowadays you have so many (much better) possibilities...

in any case, welcome to the family and enjoy your stay :eek: !

Yours Truly & All The Best,
Wings

ill o.g.
hehe lol, yeah i know buzz has some shortcomings, but I have learned how to use it for myself stabily and can do anything with it, all of the tunes i have uploaded here are very raw demos, i need to masterize them, which can also be done quite qell with buzz now, they have good masterizers and multiband compressors now, im gonna wait with mastering until i have more shit. Buzz has really changed alot over the last few years, and i dont agree with you that its limited because its tracked, it doesnt have the some limitations that ft2 or it or sc3 had at all, its the same as say the piano roll of fruityloops, it just looks like a tracker. if you challenge me ill master one of these tunes a bit for ya (i DO need to learn a hella lot about that shit though) and show you what i mean, i dont even have any compressors in the hiphop tracks yet. i usually compress some tracks first and then when i think everything sounds nice, i run everything though a 'masterizer' or 2 (usually some multiband compresiion type machine with extras). This gets me as close in the neighborhood to proffesional sounding as it can get. Thanks for saying i should keep it up though, always nice to have some type of feedback.

I just put revenge of the phunckstas up this morning, threw it together then too, so it'll sound loads differently later. and im still a bit unhappy about the higher bass tones towards the end of takin over this joint, i see what you mean about the mixing.

members online