New beats in progress

• beat this! voting starts in...

Hypermanbeatz

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 81
New beats im working on just got back to it from a break any feedback would be appreciated, I'll take advice on board and finish these to the best of my capability!

Listen to Falling preview by Hyperman Beatz on #SoundCloud

Listen to You and me preview by Hyperman Beatz on #SoundCloud

Falling: Really like the intro, love the sound choices. The drop felt a little underwhelming to me, I feel it needs some more energy, either in the form of a hi hat triplet pattern, some fills, or another synth layer. Just a little something to add some excitement to the beat once it drops. Its a bit minimalist for my tastes but take that with a pinch of salt from somebody that doesn't know when to stop adding layers.

You and Me: Seems a little muddy, but hey its obviously not finished. The kick seems a bit loud in relation to the clap, I would bring the clap up in the mix a bit as it will probably get a bit lost once vocals are added. I like the reversed samples.

Hypermanbeatz

ILLIEN
Falling: Really like the intro, love the sound choices. The drop felt a little underwhelming to me, I feel it needs some more energy, either in the form of a hi hat triplet pattern, some fills, or another synth layer. Just a little something to add some excitement to the beat once it drops. Its a bit minimalist for my tastes but take that with a pinch of salt from somebody that doesn't know when to stop adding layers.

You and Me: Seems a little muddy, but hey its obviously not finished. The kick seems a bit loud in relation to the clap, I would bring the clap up in the mix a bit as it will probably get a bit lost once vocals are added. I like the reversed samples.
Cheers man I'll work more on both of them. I know what you mean about 'falling' I'll get it sounding more pumped 'you and me' needs alot of work still I'll see what I can do

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Falling is really cool but it's missing something, I can't pinpoint it. But I started losing interest after the intro as I felt the intro was the most exciting part. Could be more energy in the drum pattern.

You and Me is really smooth and I could see a rapper/singer type going crazy on this. I can't comment to much on the mixes as I'm in my phone but solid work on both.

Just curious how long does it take you start finish to make a beat?

Hypermanbeatz

ILLIEN
Thanks for the feedback bro. They both still need alot of work!

Answer to your question is it varies sometimes a couple hours if it flows well and other times a couple of few hour sessions. How about you?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Thanks for the feedback bro. They both still need alot of work!

Answer to your question is it varies sometimes a couple hours if it flows well and other times a couple of few hour sessions. How about you?
Same, I usually make beats at night and I can usually get 80% or so in the 10pm-midnight ish block. Then lately I've been finishing the mix throughout the day in between my day job. For me I've learned that if things just aren't flowing after that first session, probably best to just toss it or find a way to quickly wrap up and move on.

Hypermanbeatz

ILLIEN
Same, I usually make beats at night and I can usually get 80% or so in the 10pm-midnight ish block. Then lately I've been finishing the mix throughout the day in between my day job. For me I've learned that if things just aren't flowing after that first session, probably best to just toss it or find a way to quickly wrap up and move on.
I can't agree more with that man

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
New beats im working on just got back to it from a break any feedback would be appreciated, I'll take advice on board and finish these to the best of my capability!

Listen to Falling preview by Hyperman Beatz on #SoundCloud

Listen to You and me preview by Hyperman Beatz on #SoundCloud

Falling is really cool. I love the vocal sample. Ony thing is that it sounds a bit flat. Needs a bit more dynamics I guess.