New Blackstar On Its Way!!!!!!!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like they are gonna release this in the next year or so. i dont have rock solid info but i just heard a performance they did on the Dave Chapell Show on realplayer (look up talib kweli and go to see all, then look for blackstar freestyle. its not a freestyle, however. my friend saw the actual show itself and (he said) they said that they are in the studio working on it.

welllllll..... i hope that this is at least comparable to the first album. i know their sounds have changed quite a bit since then and so it will not be as street sounding, and it will certainly have a more commercially viable sound as they evolve as artists (listen to anything they have released in the last 4 years and you will see what i mean.) BUT LETS JUST HOPE ITS GOOD!!!!!!!!!! the song i heard was NIIIIIIIIICE............. " beef is when workin' folks cant find jobs......" lines like that. basically it was a break down of what beef REALLY is, (sorry BIG...... they elevated your idea to the realest possible level.) and in the process they showed the current crop of thugs, pimps, and hustlers what the other end of the spectrum is...... anyhow enough of my ramblings.. what are your thoughts?:clap: :clap:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Damn, I was just thinking about them the other day... wondering when they were going to release new stuff. The first one was really tight, but you're right I'm sure this one will be a little more commercial. It doesn't matter though because I'm sure it will still be dope.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
this one just guaranteed to have better beats.. i was hering them the other day on the dave chappelle show.. doing "whats beef" it was hot..

BLACKSTAR album definetly should be classic for these days and time...
just heard the new Dead Prez... pretty amazing lyrocally whoah.. beats 2..
i would love 2 produce for them....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
better beats? um.... i dont think they CAN be better. you have to realize that it is a combination of factors and that it is ultimately chemistry between the beat, the lyrics, and the lyricist that makes a classic what it is. the beats were absolutely perfect fo rthe album. unless the new one surpasses the first one overall, the beats-and the lyrics- cannot be "better". you have to improve on the overall effect.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
semi-classic? i think that with the exception of that b-boy track (only because it's tight to break to, but hard to listen to...) i mean lyrically......well, thats why we each have different tastes!!!!

its just to bad that phil doesnt have any..............................:booty: :thumb: :wave2: