new coundcard working for everything except shit in Reason 2.0

E

Equality 7-2521

yo i just got my new soundcard and it plays all my sounds except for my shit in Reason 2.0

wtf is going on?

i got messages like "cannot detect the midi device which was used last"
or some crap.

my soundcard doesnt have a midi connection but that cant be the problem can it? i mean, that is for plugging in a midi controller.

help

cheers

Synopsis

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Try reinstalling reason. Sometimes when you install new hardware and/or software, it can screw up registry settings. Reinstalling should do the trick, if not, then I would check and see if your card is compatible with reason, that could be a problem as well. Hope that helps

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

What soundcard?
What softwares are you having success with?

Nick

E

Equality 7-2521

Im using an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 soundcard

there are two areas where my soundcard will not produce sound. the first is Reason 2.0 I can not get ANY sound from that.

the second area i cannot get any sound from is in the Load/Preview window of Wavlab (only with mp3s...wav files do play).

the soundcard DOES work in the Load/Preview window of Cool Edit and when loaded into Cool Edit. it also works when i load sounds into Wavlab. and it works for Real Player and Windows Media Player.

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No you won't lose them as long as you save them. Save the files to disk or copy/paste them to a different folder, along with any refills you have as well. After you reinstall Reason, just copy and paste them back in the folder. That will do the trick.
p.s. You should always back up yer shit frequently anyhow, to make sure you don't lose them. What I did using reason, I always saves the file to floppy. I could fit about 10 Beats to floppy.
That will work for you. I hope the reinstall fixes the shit goin down with your soundcard.

Peace

dB

E

Equality 7-2521

thanks guys.

im AM getting sound from Reason now. i had to select the audio device in the preferences and change some settings.

im STILL having the problem with not being able to hear Mp3 sounds in both the Reason Open/Preview sound window and the WaveLab Open/Preview Sound window.

its only not working for Mp3s and only in those particluar functions of those particular programs.

weird since i can preview Mp3s in the Cool Edit Open/Preview Sound window

ANY IDEAS?

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

Only a guess....Reason and Wavelab are probably using ASIO drivers, maybe they don't support previewing mp3's? Cool Edit uses WDM/MME drivers, the driver thing is a critical difference between these programs.

A test would be to use a WDM/MME driver in Reason or Wavelab, then seeing if the preview works.

Take care,

Nick

E

Equality 7-2521

ok cool

how exactly do go about changing the driver?

also, another problem has come up.

my turntables are plugged into my pc. but no sound is coming out of my computer speakers when i play wax. i used to have the exact same connections with my old soundcard and it worked fine. jees i hate this shit.

any ideas on this one aswell?

thanks heaps

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

You change the driver in the setup page of whatever program you're using, probably the same page where you told your programs to use the Revolution.

Don't sweat this one too much, all the stuff you're doing right now (configuring your card with your program) is really basic, and it should be the absolute first thing you do when you install a new program or piece of hardware. It only takes a few seconds, and it is always in the first chapter or two of any software manual; read your manuals and follow the instructions.

Think of it like this: you have a TV, and it works fine with your video player, satellite, cable, Playstation, etc. However, one day you decide that you want a bigger tv, so you run out and buy a new one.

After unplugging everything from the old tv, removing it, placing the new tv and plugging everything back in, you turn it on...

"Wait!", you say, "nothing works!" You have snow, no volume, and the remote looks different. "I don't understand, my stuff USED to work with my old tv!" What do you do? You have to read the manual to figure out how to set the tv up to receive channels from the cable/satellite and how to switch between the different inputs for the video/DVD/game console.

I'm sure this has happened to you sometime in the past, maybe not with a tv, but with something else...it's the same with computers, when you install something new, you're having to deal with different drivers, different software, different configuration...it will take a few tries to get it right, but once you do you leave it alone and you're good to go.

Take care,

Nick

E

Equality 7-2521

lol ok cheers

yeah i understand that i have to make the settings and everything....but i dont have a manual forReason or Wavlab and there is nothing on the topic in the manula for the soundcard.

ill try to figure it out and holla back if i get stuck

thanks everyone for replying

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo cuz you can download the manual for Reason on their website I'm pretty sure if u need it