New Headphones or Soundcard?

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I got some money to spend and i'm thinking bout either gettin myself a new soundcard or getting myself a new pair of headphones..

Right now i own a M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI Soundcard, some crappy headphones and some Alesis MK-1 active monitors..

What do you guys suggest and would improve the quality (soundwise) in my beats the most??

Peace and thanx in advance

O

open mind

if u already got a good soundcard i would pick the headphones.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Its a bad idea to mix with headphones, even high quality headphones.

I would suggest you invest in better monitors or room treatment, especially bass traps. That will definitely improve your mixes.

~NW~

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Thanx NW.. thing is, i live with a friend and he can't always respect the music bangin in the other room.. it's not that big of an apartment.. so i can't always mix on my monitors and sometimes have to create things on headphones..

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Thanx NW.. thing is, i live with a friend and he can't always respect the music bangin in the other room.. it's not that big of an apartment.. so i can't always mix on my monitors and sometimes have to create things on headphones..

Definitly go for a better quality of head phones. i've been in the same situation so i know what you mean.

members online