New here

Hi!

I've been making beats for around 16 years. I got started because I wanted to be a rapper, and didn't know how to obtain beats, so I decided to make my own. I went through a bout of depression and stopped making music for a while, but I'm back now trying to rebrand. Not really rapping as much anymore, although I definitely enjoy it.

I came across this forum through a google search, and browsed around for a bit. This seems like a real positive community, with an insane amount of information. Looking forward to contribute. Thanks for having me!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the ILL! I was kind of like that years back where I was DJ'ing but wanted beats for me and my friend so I started making my own. It's rewarding when you finally figure out how to do certain things.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @worktheory and why don't you rap as much?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Age ain't nothing but a number @worktheory plus I like hearing old heads rap if their subject matter is a true reflection of their age e.g. if you ain't doing juvenile stuff don't rap like it!

Age ain't nothing but a number @worktheory plus I like hearing old heads rap if their subject matter is a true reflection of their age e.g. if you ain't doing juvenile stuff don't rap like it!

true true haha....by age, I am mostly referencing my energy level. I've always done it all myself... make the beat, write the song, record the vocals. I used to be able to do that all in one night, without sleep, from scratch. Now, it's a lot harder. I need to sleep or I'm grouchy. :)

members online