!!!!!new Laptop!!!!!

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
NobleWordz said:
You might want to think about picking up a monitor, that 15' will be hard on the eyes after a couple of hours.

~NW~
Display Type Widescreen Ultrabright TFT WXGA. I have a Gateway laptop and it's easy on the eyes. congrats exampul! i thought about buying another gateway joint, but I'm not too familiar with XP media center. What noticeable changes do you see, if any???

f.y.i I have an MX6425. and i'm jealous...LOL!!!

I'd recommend the MOTU Ultralite or Presonus Firebox.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
AMG said:
Display Type Widescreen Ultrabright TFT WXGA. I have a Gateway laptop and it's easy on the eyes. congrats exampul! i thought about buying another gateway joint, but I'm not too familiar with XP media center. What noticeable changes do you see, if any???

f.y.i I have an MX6425. and i'm jealous...LOL!!!

I'd recommend the MOTU Ultralite or Presonus Firebox.

XP Media Center is okay, I haven't really played around with it too much to figure out what's different. The layout looks a little different. Although, I have had a problem straight out of the box. I keep getting a blue screen and then the system restarts. I searched for the problem on google and found the solution. I have to redo the OS and only install the drivers needed (The disk they give you installs alot of crap you don't need. AOL, McAffe, BigFix etc.. all demo versions).

Gateway put on all this unneccessary crap that causes alot of conflicts. After doing this it should be smooth sailing! The machine is awesome though, so far IM DIGGIN IT!! So AMG, Your gateway has been loyal to you then? Not many problems/conflicts? Just want to see since this is my first Gateway, ever!! I've heard good things though, that's why I bought one..

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
this is also my first gateway and I haven't had too many problems/conflicts with it. i;ve had it since January of this year and I'm glad I got it.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
congrats i got a gateway in may it was a pretty much ur machine wit 1gig of ram it was runing great then i had a bad memory erro and had to buy 2 newsticks of ram and reinstall the friggin cd . noot its fine also now i run an ext hard drive so i dont lose ish but ull be happy wit it the gateways a great machine.

by the way media cent is aiight but its not digidesign supported which is a bitcch i run protools le on it jus gives me an occasional hang up but its aiight

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
congrats i got a gateway in may it was a pretty much ur machine wit 1gig of ram it was runing great then i had a bad memory erro and had to buy 2 newsticks of ram and reinstall the friggin cd . noot its fine also now i run an ext hard drive so i dont lose ish but ull be happy wit it the gateways a great machine.

by the way media cent is aiight but its not digidesign supported which is a bitcch i run protools le on it jus gives me an occasional hang up but its aiight

I agree with upping the RAM... I tried reinstalling the OS on it and I'm still gettin the Blue Screen Of Death. So I think Im going to re-up on the RAM and push it to 1 gig.. Good lookin on the info!

C

Chubb-E

You Just Gotta Love iT... "Athlon™ 64-Bit Processor" There Motto Should Be "More Bang For Your Buck"

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
You do know that a 64 bit processor is worthless with out windows xp 64bit edition running on top. If you are running XP home or XP pro you are not getting 64 bit performance as they are 32bit operating systems.

and on another note ALL intel processors are now 64bit.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
thedreampolice said:
You do know that a 64 bit processor is worthless with out windows xp 64bit edition running on top. If you are running XP home or XP pro you are not getting 64 bit performance as they are 32bit operating systems.

and on another note ALL intel processors are now 64bit.

Actually, I didn't know that. Oh well, wtf can I do? Never heard of a 64 bit edition of windows.. It's good enough for me homie. Runs fine..

members online