Hello everybody, I'm SlyVester Starski. I'm happy for finding a place like IllMuzik at last. I like to tell something about my relatonship with music before I start to post beats:
- Although my relationship with hip-hop dates as back as 2005, I became a daily listener in 2013. Since then, hip-hop became a part of my life and I know a wide variety of rappers, not only good ones, also bad ones.
- My relationship with composing beats dates even older, I remember I was playing with FL Studio by 2009 as a little kid, I made my first true beat in 2012, but my older works than ones I did from late 2019 doesn't exist.
- I can also rap! I got a flow that is solid and versatile, but whenever I do freestyle I accidentally mispronounce some words or spit some filler and meaningless bars and words. My songwriting skills are also very good though, can match with or surpass today's lyricists.
- My beats sound VERY DIFFERENT compared to ANY OTHER beat I listen on internet. It is because that I can't find/use the "right" instruments to make my beats sound like MixLA or other beatmakers. I'm currently at a point that makes me confused about either trying harder to make it or stick with my own out of ordinary style.
- I rather make my own samples from zero. I often stick with "Realistic" piano setup from FL Studio Sytrus when doing that. And when I spend a little effort I can make very deep sounds with that piano.
- I almost always get insipred from the hip-hop of the period between 1979 and 1999. I specially studied years between 1979 and 1989.
- My alias is a wordplay of rappers Tweedy Bird Loc and Busy Bee Starski, whose were from early 1990s and late 1970s/early 1980s respectively.