New Mpc 1000 or Used Mpc 2000xl?

• beat this! voting starts in...

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
iM TRYING TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND I WANNA BUY AN MPC BUT NOT SURE IF I WANNA GET A NEW MPC 1000 OR A USED MPC 2000XL. IM GONNA HAVE TO SELL MY DJ SET UP TO GET THE $$$ BUT IM WILLING TO SELL IT AND THEN BUY A TURNTABLE LATER ON TO SAMPLE. TO ANYONE WHO OWNS THESE CAN U LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO AND THE FEAUTURES THAT I MIGHT WANT.THANKS

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
werd up thats the only reason im doubting the 1k cuz no time stretch and then the mk2xl has time stretching, zoning, and zip drive which the 1k has compact flash cards but there more expensive than the floppys

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
yo for any mpc 2000xl users ...

is it true u need a lot of floppys just to store 1 beat? thats what some cat told me and he said that it sucks that is gonna take a lot of floppys to put a complete beat in..?

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
forget the floppies all together and get a zip drive. you can get a 100 mb or a 250mb. i got a 100 mb with 2 zip disks and between the two disks ive got like 25 beats on em. you can pick up a zip for like 60 bucks brand new with the right cable from scsiforsamplers.com.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would really look for a used 1k or 2kxl but if i had to pick i would go with the 2kxl used. Right now im seeing alot of people putting the 1k on ebay or for sale. Why! cause what ever it is lacking go them really not feeling it. Im not gona say that the xl isnt on the trade block itself but most people who sale there 1k only do it to get a 2kxl. Plus if you buy something used and you didnt like it after two months or so you pretty much could resale it and probly get 100 percent back the money you paid for it if not more but nobody is gona pay retail price for something thats used, unless its a mpc 3000. Thats just my 2 cents on it

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Used Mpc 2000xl

only if it's the white one... fuck that blue shit...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
I don't own a mpc but if you want to get away from you computer I would go wit the 2000xl to make da beat, then bring it to the computer for editing and shit.

don't know much about the 1000 but from what i heard its dope to but i am a more old school guy so i would go for the 2000xl

but hopefully i can get a mpc-2000xl soon or a asrx-pro

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yea I know the mpc 2000xl has a better sampler and sequencer but the asr x pro has the grimmyness i am lookin for.

shit i don't know what to get either i wish i could get both lol

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BeAtArKiTeK said:
iM TRYING TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND I WANNA BUY AN MPC BUT NOT SURE IF I WANNA GET A NEW MPC 1000 OR A USED MPC 2000XL. IM GONNA HAVE TO SELL MY DJ SET UP TO GET THE $$$ BUT IM WILLING TO SELL IT AND THEN BUY A TURNTABLE LATER ON TO SAMPLE. TO ANYONE WHO OWNS THESE CAN U LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO AND THE FEAUTURES THAT I MIGHT WANT.THANKS

Nooooooo don't sell ur dj set up. Unless you feel ur more of a producer then dj. As for me I could never do dat. Even tho im desperatly tryna get a Mpc my self. Yo and definately get the 2000 xl. Like was said use a scsi zip drive with it. Some have it built in. The 1000 is definately a great portable solution but if you wanna get away from the comp get the 2000 xl .... Man I coulda had a 2000 xl maxed out memory and 8 outs for 650 (friend was sellin)..... Didn't have the cash @ the time... And you know it went quick.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
i got the 1k, and it works super dope for me... i love my PC setup tho, i prefer timestretching, pitching, and eqing my samples on the pc and building the best sounding kit with all my plugins, then transferring over to the mpc... i got a 256 mc cf card for 40$ at Fry's...i got like 20 projects on that card alone.. i got all my "live" samples on the 32 mb card for performances... the 2k is ioll but for a pc user, the 1k is unbeatable