New Mpc1000 3rd Party Os Ver 3.0 (More New Features)

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Jacked this from another board. It gives the mpc 1000 the grid edit like the 2500 as well as direct record on tracks 61-64. Just something to try for those that want the upgrade. It was posted that no problems occured when installing it but as a precaution still back up everything. Hope this can help some who want the 2500 but cant afford some of the features

these are the links for the site and the download

Webpage

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&lr=&rls=DVXA,DVXA:2005-25,DVXA:en&sa=N

Download

http://cgi.www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc....ne.jp/~mpc1000/mpc1000_v300.bin&name=MPC1000

To get into direct record you hit MAIN and the find drum under the track name and hit the WINDOW button,you should then see the turn dirrect record option if its there...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Yeah,
Saw this on Saturday, downloaded it, it's dope. The global edit function on mode+Pad11 is hot. You can change filters/tuning/sample of all 64 pads at the same time.
It is a bit buggy, the machine has frozen up on me a few times. They have a bug list over there where people can report what problems they have.
Most importantly, now with third party OS available for the MPC1000, there is no telling what this machine can and will do over the coming months and years. Werd up.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
dahkter said:
It is a bit buggy, the machine has frozen up on me a few times. They have a bug list over there where people can report what problems they have.

DAmn that would suck if you're in the middle of making a hott beat and the machine just freezes up. It sounds great though but is it worth installing since its not really made from akai itself?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ ive been following this on mpcforums for the last month or so. people dont seem to be having any trouble with it over there, they are actually working with its creator to iron out the bugs.

its by the same guy who had timestretch and things before anyone else, before 2.0

im still wating though, im not sure how much i need a grid edit etc. ima wait untill its perfectly sound. hopefully akai doesnt shit it down. although all its really doing is making them money, since it could contribute to selling more mpcs. well see.

ill o.g.
KurtisRich said:
DAmn that would suck if you're in the middle of making a hott beat and the machine just freezes up. It sounds great though but is it worth installing since its not really made from akai itself?

its a few few people on the mpc forum site that have been saying they have had their machine freezing up when doing certain things

it probably would be dope once all the bugs are ironed

Mischevious

ill o.g.
i would not risk it if akai ain't backing it cause if your mpc totally blows oh well gonna have to buy you a new mpc.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have had the OS for quite a few months acutally maybe longer, closer to a year and I haven't had any issues with it. It makes the MPC worth the money and now they got a pad fix for it. It makes the MPC 1000 worth the money with the 3rd party mods to it

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
i would not risk it if akai ain't backing it cause if your mpc totally blows oh well gonna have to buy you a new mpc.

the mpc is not going brick....i dont know of anybody who has had any problems with the o.s besides human error i.e not formatting the drive after updating the o.s

and if all else goes wrong I believe its possible to erase the flash rom and start from scratch.

if anything more people have experienced there 1000/2500 freeze and lock up on akais o.s

ive had mine lock up and spew out this encyption mess using the akai 2.1

it can even corrupt your files/freeze in the midst of saving using akai 2.1 when creating a new folder, and this corruption can stay on the card even after purchasing the jj..so its important to reformat your card after using the jj.

the jj makes the 1000 feature wise greater than equal to the 2500....now feel...nah the 2500 has that...but if for nothing else get the jj for stability.