New nas song N.I.G.G.E.R

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
He is clean and on point to generate an image when he is rapping. Song is great, i hope the majority of tracks on the album are as good.

I cant complain about the title because Im not black, but I believe he is doing it to stand out of the crowd or other artists

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
the lyrics are pretty good

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I like Nas generally; I even thought Streets' Disciple was alright, (mostly).

I gotta be honest and I'm sure some of you will disagree strongly but the song is kinda pompous and the lyrics clichéd and trite. I can appreciate the message but it really sounds to me that he's trying to maintain relevance and get people's attention with some sort of manufactured "controversy". It doesn't sound heartfelt to me.

Chuck D has covered this topic with Public Enemy more than once with more wit, feeling and impact than this will ever have. IMO.

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
This was OK, but it probably won't get me to buy the album.

Sincock I'm a honky, but I wouldn't doubt this issue is real and personal to Nas and just cause Chuck D dealt with it doesn't make the issue disappear.

Here's a shot at the C.R.A.C.K.E.R. lyric.

We are C.R.A.C.K.E.R. and we are much more
We got the control
Fuck with us we bomb you into a hole
We are C.R.A.C.K.E.R. and we are much more
So you better acknowledge us
Or we won't let you into our colleges

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Being a Nas fan, I gotta say I wasn't feelin this song very much... The hook was on point, I liked it, it was the truth... but the verses just didn't seem to compliment what he wanted to say. Almost like he was all over the place with it. Not to say each verse wasn't dope in its own, but I don't know why to me they didn't really match...if that makes sense... the beat was decent, but I guess I expected alot more from it. Sounds to me more like something that would have been on The Lost Tapes.. Who knows maybe it will grow on me.. but I listened about 8 times and It just feels like it leaves you empty.....almost like there is something missing from it.

anyways, that's my thoughts on the song.

The title of the album could either be
A. a publicity stunt or
B. a word he feels should be discussed and he feels he is the one to put it out there...
I don't know dude personally so I cant say.... but I could see how someone would be bothered by it. It is a hate filled word... I got to admit I was a little bothered by it...

dude is going to make it real hard for a white cat to walk into a record store and ask for the album... especially if the clerk is black....LMAO. I could see it now...... the ratio of white boys catching an ass whoopin is about to go up...lol.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I feel you verse I had the exact same thoughts his first verse was cool but the other ones we scatterbrained.

As far as the n word. I dont think you have to be black to understand the power the word has. I'm against the word and I've been trying to elemenate that word from my vocab. I think its used to freely these days but that's just me

Class

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
From a song point of view, lyrics, beat etc i like it. Can't comment on the title though.

I dont know if this has been posted here yet, but the Hero track is much more on point in my opinion:

link:

Possible album cover there as well

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
This was OK, but it probably won't get me to buy the album.

Sincock I'm a honky, but I wouldn't doubt this issue is real and personal to Nas and just cause Chuck D dealt with it doesn't make the issue disappear.

I would guess the issue is real and personal to any black man with half a brain. The feeling I get, (and it is just a feeling), is that it's a somewhat cynical ploy by Nas to get attention and not being done for the right reasons. I'm not Nas so I don't know. It just doesn't ring true to me.

Of course the issue hasn't disappeared; that's not what I was saying. I'm saying Chuck D did it better than Nas has.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Being a Nas fan, I gotta say I wasn't feelin this song very much... The hook was on point, I liked it, it was the truth... but the verses just didn't seem to compliment what he wanted to say. Almost like he was all over the place with it. Not to say each verse wasn't dope in its own, but I don't know why to me they didn't really match...if that makes sense... the beat was decent, but I guess I expected alot more from it. Sounds to me more like something that would have been on The Lost Tapes.. Who knows maybe it will grow on me.. but I listened about 8 times and It just feels like it leaves you empty.....almost like there is something missing from it.

anyways, that's my thoughts on the song.

The title of the album could either be
A. a publicity stunt or
B. a word he feels should be discussed and he feels he is the one to put it out there...
I don't know dude personally so I cant say.... but I could see how someone would be bothered by it. It is a hate filled word... I got to admit I was a little bothered by it...

dude is going to make it real hard for a white cat to walk into a record store and ask for the album... especially if the clerk is black....LMAO. I could see it now...... the ratio of white boys catching an ass whoopin is about to go up...lol.

thas what i think to..the lyrics itself were good but he wuz all over the place..and the beats wuz less than dope..but u knoe what i realized..When u hype a Nas joint up ur almost guaranteed to be disappointed as fuked up as that sounds buts its true..

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
His lyrics are all over the place. NAS is one of my favorite rappers of all time, but he just doesn't deliver anymore. We don't "trust" him with the music he puts out these days, he's let us down on so many albums. It's like he doesn't even try to get his verbals on par with Illmatic anymore. He should sit and hone his lyrics. I think he lost the hunger.

As far as the subject matter, it's nothing new. Ras Kass articulated this subject with 5-mic lyricism that is still a gold-standard for pure lyricists. Here's what NAS should be aiming to do (and this was done back in '96):

NAS - you're like Metallica. You need to put something out that's just like your old stuff. You would go multiplatinum and your message would be heard far and wide. You're too soft now.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
His lyrics are all over the place. NAS is one of my favorite rappers of all time, but he just doesn't deliver anymore. We don't "trust" him with the music he puts out these days, he's let us down on so many albums. It's like he doesn't even try to get his verbals on par with Illmatic anymore. He should sit and hone his lyrics. I think he lost the hunger.

As far as the subject matter, it's nothing new. Ras Kass articulated this subject with 5-mic lyricism that is still a gold-standard for pure lyricists. Here's what NAS should be aiming to do (and this was done back in '96):

YouTube - Ordo Abchao (Order Out Of Chaos) - Ras Kass

NAS - you're like Metallica. You need to put something out that's just like your old stuff. You would go multiplatinum and your message would be heard far and wide. You're too soft now.

i agree wit u he cant deliver anymore..and like i said if u hype a Nas album up ur only gonna be disapointed...i just dont understand why his beat selection has been so poor the last few albums..only a few have been real dope beats..

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.

Fuck; that is such an apt comparison. I actually Laughed Out Loud when I read that.