New Operating Systems For All Models Released Aug/28/08!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Bout F'n time!. They added the two most critical features that I wanted to the 1000 so Im a happy mofo! :)

AKAI PRO RELEASES NEW OS FOR EVERY CURRENT MPC
New Features, Functionalities and Capabilities for Music Production Devices

Akai Professional announces the release of new Operating System firmware for MPC5000, MPC2500, MPC1000 and MPC500.

MPC5000 OS update
Operating System version 1.02 for MPC5000 resolves 14 issues, most notably enabling producers to load their old MPC2000 programs.

MPC2500 OS update
MPC2500 Operating System version 1.24 enables allows beat-engineers to save and open Chop Shop 2.0 files and improves upon 13 performance details.

MPC1000 OS update
Like its larger sibling, MPC1000 now provides its users with Chop Shop 2.0 support for file opening and saving. Operating System version 2.12 enables MPC1000 to auto-detect split points for Chop Shop, loop patched phrases, record Track Mute events and load MPC5000 .all files. Additionally, this release resolves 17 concerns.

MPC500 OS update
Even the smallest member of the MPC family, MPC500, gets a new Operating System. Version 1.31 enhances performance in two areas.

http://www.akaipro.com/content201412

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
I just installed and tested it out and the OS works as expected.
No issues so far.

Im tremendously happy because I've been wanting these 2 features for a long time now.
The chop shop is cool and helps cut samples quicker even though i already chop really quick without it. The recordable track mutes however is what I'm seriously happy about! That feature is SO useful, I love it!

Previously what I've always done to edit the places where my mutes would exist would be to go into edit mode and delete each hit that I don't want...I always hated that and wished I could just do it live! Now I can plus its non-destructive! Pretty awesome! And sooo much quicker....

I already knew JJ had these features and even tried them out but honestly just didn't like the way they were implemented....I hated how JJ changed toggling between each slice from the data wheel to the cursers....Thats sucked balls to me, plus i didn't like the way track mutes worked on JJs OS and there was always bugs reported for that feature constantly on the MPC-Forums....

Now everythings exactly the way I wanted it and I already feel more productive. Good shit.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah see thats what I did too, and then I would make one long sequence, but afterwards I would do more mutes (deleting events in my case) in edit mode to create more interest in certain parts say where I wanted to pause something or change a fill, so this is a serious time saver. Its easier to play the way you want to hear it anyways.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Sooo....Guess I should have waited to get that happy!

After making a few beats for about 6 hours with the new OS 2.12, I discovered my first bug. I posted a short clip on YouTube in order to show Akai, but you guys are welcome to check it out too.

Excuse my shitty camera phone its all I had to record with.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
All we need for the 1K is more new pads. We already have the JJ OS. But nice try Akai better super late, than never...LOL!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention...
Even though the functions are both quite self explanatory, in case you wanted to check on those new features there is no new Addendum released from Akai for some dam reason but the same exact features are obviously on the 2500 - so just go to akaipro.com and download the 2500 manual instead and it will tell you everything you need to know about the new OS upgrade.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Oh Im still def using the new OS. I reported it to Akai already. Its still 99% rock solid. That particular thing has only happened once or twice and it was more annoying then anything else. It never corrupted any beats or files though.

I just reported another small downfall to Akai's new update today:
While recording Track Mutes, there is no UNDO SEQ after a pass, so if you didnt like your mutes - the only way to delete them is from the STEP EDIT mode. This isnt a huge downfall, but it def slows you down especially if your sequence is long and you have a lot of events to delete. I dunno? Shit like that should be a no-brainer but of course the little guy has to always step up and tug on Akai's coat tail to wake the bastards up. Go figure.

I stay on top of Akai like their big brother cuz I still believe theyre a dope company they just need to get back to their roots when Roger Linn was around.

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
I got the new os 2500 about a week ago.I've only tried a couple of times but the autochop feature took mad long!And this made me fuckin hot!It was like it was frozen up cause I couldn't even cancel the autochop!Now granted the first sample was pretty busy but I still should have been able to cancel.So yesterday I tried a new sample that's not busy at all and it was the same thing.Plus it chopped parts that were almost silent into little tiny slivers instead of just making like four big chops.I usually do my own chops but I still want my shit to work right.anyone else notice this?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
As far as setting the sensitivity of the chops; thats something you just gotta mess with until you figure out how it responds. It will make more slices depending on your settings. I had to read about that a little in the 2500 manual before I got it.

The chop screen does def seem to take longer and I did note this to Akai. Its not that long though, just slightly longer then it used to be.

As far as trying to cancel in the middle of a function that the MPCs executing I would highly advise against that. Even if you didnt mean for it to do what its doing, its the same as any other computer that you might own where if you fuck with it mid-way through a task and dont let it finish, its not going to like it and might even fry something if your not careful. Just gotta be patient.

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
sensitivity

Yeah I keep the sensitivity at 50 all the way and now since the new os it's jus different but maybe there was something wrong before and I got use to it I don't know.but if pushing cancel is going to fry something I don't think they should even give the option.before I could cancel an autochop with no prob.but anyway good lookin out on informing akai shonsteez peace IZ

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
I must not be understanding what the problem is then.
The only way that Im aware you can actually delete a sample from your RAM or CARD is by remaining in TRIM mode, pressing the WINDOW key and then choosing DELETE. If theres another way to delete samples Ive never known about it.

I may have confused EXTRACTING the new slices with CANCELING out of the CHOP SHOP screen to rechop? Im assuming thats what happened.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I must not be understanding what the problem is then.
The only way that Im aware you can actually delete a sample from your RAM or CARD is by remaining in TRIM mode, pressing the WINDOW key and then choosing DELETE. If theres another way to delete samples Ive never known about it.

I may have confused EXTRACTING the new slices with CANCELING out of the CHOP SHOP screen to rechop? Im assuming thats what happened.

hell now Im confused, your right as far as deleting the sample, but I was saying if it screws up when you hit cancel to get out of chop made thats not good.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Haha! Your not the only one! lol.

To my knowledge he wasn't trying to actually delete the file but rather escape from the ChopShop screen after saying DO IT inside the AUTO dialog?

This is the part that throws me a bit that Izodone wrote earlier:
before I could cancel an autochop with no prob

If he's refering to BEFORE pressing DO IT, then yeah...you can cancel at any time. But if you've already pressed DO IT, then you just have to let the MPC do its thing and finish, you can't cancel in the middle of the operation. Thats what I was referring to before anyways.

Were talking about this screen right?...
chopshopro2.jpg

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
Come on guys!JK what I meant by before I could cancel an autochop with no prob was with the old os after pushing DO IT I could still cancel the autochop if I suddenly decided I didn't wanna do that.So relic don't worry it doesn't fuck up when you cancel out of the autochop screen before hitting DOIT but after you hit DOIT you might as well start on your taxes or go get a haircut while it does its thing cause mine is taking forever like waiting for ol dirtys' rocafella album to drop.My grandma can find hit points faster than that!JK I'm gonna try some more samples that are less busy and experiment some more I'm not bashing akai either cause they're dope.

members online