New Photoshoot Pics ... Me & My Artist Cambatta

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
I stress for anyone trying to really persue a career in the music industry to
make yourself look as professional as possible once your music game is up to par.
If you look like an amateur people will auto assume that is what you are ...
Just wanted to show some of the pics from a photoshoot I setup this past
friday in NY for my artist Cambatta outta New Haven, CT // Tampa, Florida

Thoughts would be appreciated ... Would liek to see what you guys think :)

dsc0261webfz4.jpg

dsc0122webcopywi2.jpg

dsc0151webgs0.jpg
dsc0129webcopyjq0.jpg

dsc0275webdr3.jpg

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^^^LOL

H&R....there a bit to "clean cut" to advertise a hip hop image in my opinion. The photo quality is dope though. That brick wall should have been the background in the alley shot. Maybe you guys gathered around shooting dice or something. Have C look up at the camera while rolling the dice. I'm not saying get the shots totally thug'd out and ghetto but you got to capture some "hood" ya dig? I agree with Relic that they look more like you guys are advertising gear(clothing).

Pictures 2,4 and the last one could make the cut though. Gritty it up a bit homie...quality is "A" one though. What type camera is that?

p.s. if dude was R&B it would be a wrap as far as the pics.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Nice photography. I agree with DJ Excellence, I like the first one the best. The rest are cool but they look like pages out of a clothing catalog.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Pic 1, Pic3, and 4 (with the fence backdrop) are the best ones - If I were you, those would be the ones (out of what you presented) that I would use in your Press Kit.

You're using a quality camera, which is good.

Stay away from shots like the one with the two dudes (one with the Yankees cap) pointing at the camera. That's stuff you can put on your myspace or as part of a photo gallery, but never as an image presenting yourself to somebody who matters.

H&R- You're a good addition to Illmuzik, man keep doing what you do.

Keep on reppin my city correctly (shoutout to Elm City / Hillhouse High!) and I wish you the best.

ronp

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
In the right context up next to the right fonts. with a little dirt (or less saturation) I think most of these are better than others have said. Depends on what exactly you plan to use them for.

like #3 looks model now but crop it up and go black and white and add some grit. It's easier to dirty stuff up than it is the other way around.

good stuff. they look real nice.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i didn't like the first, it looks like he just got some real shitty news :), the second ones cool though because its serious without frontin. mean muggin to the camera an whatnot is dunsquashed in my opinion

much respect to you and your camp though cuz yall makin some serious moves up there N Y

i would advise honesty in the photos... if ya rugged ya rugged and if not then rockit unique. seems like everyone's trying to rock harder than granite an i for one see throughit like gamma bursts through a planet

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
i would advise honesty in the photos... if ya rugged ya rugged and if not then rockit unique. seems like everyone's trying to rock harder than granite an i for one see throughit like gamma bursts through a planet

Thaaaank you - just because it's a photo shoot for a hip hop artist don't mean they gotta be in the crackspot w/ broken bottles, mean mugs, and pistols blazing.

Nowadays, making albums and touring is just one piece of the pie, he just might be able to earn a modeling check if he play his cards right.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
shadeed; said:
Thaaaank you - just because it's a photo shoot for a hip hop artist don't mean they gotta be in the crackspot w/ broken bottles, mean mugs, and pistols blazing.

Nowadays, making albums and touring is just one piece of the pie, he just might be able to earn a modeling check if he play his cards right.

No doubt, and remember its really not the models as to why it looks like that, its the photographer, and none of that is bad.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73

first of all...if you've seen any of H&R's video footage you'd change that tune. They get stupid dumb on video. No one's saying they gotta be all thugg'd out but the pics should reflect how they are and what they do. He and his crew run rabbit thru the city. (no matter what city) They be str8 clowning. Capturing that look on the photos would be a good look IMO. They can model after they get there first clothing endorsement. At the rate H is going anything is possible.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
first of all...if you've seen any of H&R's video footage you'd change that tune. They get stupid dumb on video. No one's saying they gotta be all thugg'd out but the pics should reflect how they are and what they do. He and his crew run rabbit thru the city. (no matter what city) They be str8 clowning. Capturing that look on the photos would be a good look IMO. They can model after they get there first clothing endorsement. At the rate H is going anything is possible.

I agree H&R is getting his grind on, makes me more motivated to do my thing.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I see both sides of what you all are saying, IMO it really depends on what the photos are for...they would be good shots for a portfolio or like some were saying some "modeling" type ish yet on the otherhand, if they were possibilities for an album cover thats rep'n the "hood" they wouldn't be good at all. So I think it all boils down to the use of the pics.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
hhaha evryone thinking same as me, some of the pics look more like its for a photo shoot . they are stil good photos none the less and im sure could go to some use. as record labels would aslo be interested in seeing how marketable u are, not just as a thug/gangster/criminal, plus will be good shots for if / wehn the artist makes it and clothing companies may be looking for endorsement etc. i plan to be getting some good quality photos of me too also. gone be sicc

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Thanks for the comments everybody their appreciated ... We'll keep the thoughts in
mind for his next photoshoot ... Also part of the reason for the photoshoot was to have
hi-res quality shots for graphic designers to work with when we get promo material and
artowrk done such as covers, posters, flyers, and etc.

Thanks again Ill fam !

members online