New Scratch - Eminem

ill o.g.
i just got mine today. This is the first time they got it to me on time. m lookin for that illmuzik logo but i dont know where to look.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
jeez you guys are uptight as hell... who cares who is on the cover?? like someone else said they are tryin to sell magazines........... its called business.... as long as the articles and content inside is good and i can read the mag and learn something new or interesting about producing im cool ... you can always take pointers, even from producers you dont like or listen to cuz bottom line they are doing something ur not or vice versa... its not like the mag costs an arm and leg .. a subscription is like 12 bucks... im still waiting on my order but im pretty excited to start recieving it..

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Dont sleep on the Mag just cuz Em is on the cover....The mag is peterson publication...the same great folk that give us XXL....so expect interscope to get plenty of shine in it.....but still alot of great articles and interviews... Truth, Quik and Madlib are in this issue.....Havoc, Scott Storch and Hi tek were in previous issues....Still waiting for my Tim interveiw though.........

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Producer_GyaL said:
LOL but what they will do when every big producers will have made the cover? Its not like theres is 50 hiphop producers actually known....

That's who they should be makin more of the front covers for....more of the underground beat bangers. I'm bout to send em my pic....

....jus kiddin'

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Frictionbeats said:
but anyways, I have heard stuff from fruity loops that sound fatter than his stuff.

ahhhhh, fruity loops, er ..um FL Studio

FACT: One of the reasons why they changed the name to FL from "fruity" is because they thought that much of the hip hop community would think it was gay.

source: www.flstudio.com (read in one of the admins forums)

Source: a corny magazine nowadays

sores: what I got all over my ass when I busted it yesterday

SARS: disease that 50 cent may have

SEARS: where I busted my ass and got sores

...okay enough with the corny "spoof" humor

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Producer_GyaL said:
LOL but what they will do when every big producers will have made the cover? Its not like theres is 50 hiphop producers actually known....

EXACTLY

they'll either start goin back and doin the... "it's been a year since your last cover" interview... or they'll always be a new hot artist... it may get better when they run out of cats to put on the cover...

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Why all the haterism towards Em? Put me in the studio w/ Dr Dre. to record an album and I'll be a dope producer instantly. Thats just how it works. Scott Storch and many more have learned their craft from Dre. You see someone do it, then you emulate, and put your spin on it.

Eminem has single handedly changed, and breathed (not sure if thats a word) new air into hip-hops lungs. Before him, a white kid rapping was a joke and wouldn't even be taken serious. Now that he has broken down the barrier more white kids have a chance not only as emcees but also producers.

So big ups to Em. The Tiger Woods of this hip-hop shit.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
The Konductor said:
Eminem has single handedly changed, and breathed (not sure if thats a word) new air into hip-hops lungs. Before him, a white kid rapping was a joke and wouldn't even be taken serious. Now that he has broken down the barrier more white kids have a chance not only as emcees but also producers.

So big ups to Em. The Tiger Woods of this hip-hop shit.

No disresecpt but..

now we got a buch of suburban white boys and teenie boppers thinking they are hard and reppin hip hop, tryin to be emiemn cloans without respecting the roots

Emimen gots skills and i respect his work

but u think single handlely breathed life into hip hop??? U think he is the tiger woods of hip hop???? yea right... Im mad u even used that comparsion

you must not know hip hop to well

class....

FYI i hate to say it but most white boys rapping still aint takin seriously

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
HEY FADEEEEEE i saw illmuzik in the mag. LOL damn, it is so LITTLE LOLLLLLLL

look at the page 93! Wow thats HOT.

Have you heard about a girl named "Stoni" ... ??? She has won the international Producer's association beat battle. She is a beatmaker.... She will release a DVD this spring... and she will work with 50 cents, missy elliot and ludacris... Women are reaching the next level....(page 36)

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Fade said:
Finally someone saw it. Yeah I knew it would be tiny, but hey at least it's something!

MY WRDS EXACTLY!!

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Great issue! I dont care whos on the cover. They could put elton john on the cover for all I care. Im glad there is a mag out dedicated to the music I make.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
You have to get it now, Eminem is becoming a producer, he's making less and less songs and more beats. You blame him for his beats sounding the same, well when YOU started it was the same thing, the difference is that his first beats is getting played to the grand public and yours are still in your little hard drive.

Eminem is starting to get a lot of respect as a producer inside the hiphop community :Kanye putting him in is Top 5 producers (ok, that is insane, but still HE thinks it), Jay-z always want a Eminem beat on his album, Jadakiss, Redman, Mobb Deep wanted one but for some reason they didn't get it. So here we have Havoc a veteran producer seeking for a Eminem beat. You will say it's for publicity balbalba, but still.

I think he deserves the cover of a magasine because he is one of the biggest figures in hiphop today and starting to get rep as a producer. Someone said that Eminem breathe life into hiphop, that is not totally wrong. Eversince Eminem blowed, rappers are now selling A LOT LOT MORE records than they did before because he introduce the white surburbia to hiphop.

You say that all his fan is white surburbian kids buying is album not knowing anything, but everybody's sales is based on them.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
alchemist, hi tek and havoc where interviewed in past issues. they need to get at ayatollah. dat nigga is sick. a just blaze interview would be nice too. n to top if all off, 9th wonder would be a great read especially for all da FL users.

D

dot.|maTic

madlib...

Cold Truth said:
or jay dee, or scott storch, or battlecat, or alchemist, or hi tek, or havoc, ayatollah, or cut chemist, or peanut butter wolf, or madlib, ....

madlib actually is in there too - VERY informative read.... it helped me gt back to the "me" i was kinda missing in my production methods lately

oh yeah... the dynamic producer jawn is up in there too

A

allenhighwaters

quik is dope, that dude can produce. And the em article was alright, but I agree with j peg, there needs to be more equipment reviews. peace

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
classic said:
you must not know hip hop to well

class....

FYI i hate to say it but most white boys rapping still aint takin seriously

Taken seriously by you?

Why aren't they?

Are you racist?

You are showing prejudice against whites by that statement, it's quite ignorant.

And what's with the FYI? Does EVERYONE know except for homie that white rappers aren't taken seriously?

I don't even like Eminem.

But that shit rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm only half white as well.

Maybe shit is like that in the "dirty south", but out here white boys are as prevelant as any other minority in the hip hop scene and they are treated EQUALLY.

You ever watch an of the Scribble Jams?

White boys be serving up blacks, mexicans, and vice versa.

This is hip hop man. There is no color.

And eminem did breathe a whole new life into the hip hop game. The new-found suburbian fans was just a bonus.

Oh yea, is there a website where I can subscribe to this mag? I never seen one...

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
YO FADE!! I saw the Illmuzik logo in there!! Nice...Maybe we can start gettin more exposure through Scratch....

As far as the Eminem debate, he's a sick rapper, and a decent producer (by no means my top 5 overall, as he said in the magazine, he does hit a few out of the ball park every now and then eg. Loose Yourself, Runnin, Renegade etc).

Fact is, he has breathed new life into hip hop. Hip hop is too big to be boxed into the underground "truth" type shit. Eminem did one thing that no other rapper was able to do the way he did, and that's bring hiphop to the masses. Don't get me wrong, Tupac and some other dudes got a lot of exposure, but they never got Billy Bob in Arkansas, or Franz in the Netherlands listening. Hip hop is so large, and there is so much talent, there is enough room for everyone.

As far as class saying white dudes get no respect, u gotta be kiddin me. Yes, dont get me wrong, this is a black dominated game, but just like in golf, Tiger gets his respect because he deserves it, so does Em so give it up to him. He's rollin with Mr. NWA himself and that isnt enough to garner your approval?? Class, u can have your opinion, but its nothing more than an opinion...Dont fool yourself into thinking you speak the truth

members online