New Software

DWhyte

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I am looking to purchase some new software I currently have Fruity Loops 5. But I really dont like it.
So vote for what I should get. And what would be best with a Trigger Finger.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
trigger finger? reason. definately since the trigga is a drumpad midi controller.

and especially from that list.. reason.

DWhyte

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I really don't like FL5 because I have used both Abelton Live and Reason before and they both seem and feel "smoother" than FL5. And I just cant work drums in Fruity Loops.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
So you just dont feel it ? Waiting for that magic touch software can give you....

You know, I worked with lots of gear n ware, if you really know the basics, you can deal with any problems on any software. How you feel about it doesnt mean anything, its what you know. Dont ... blame ... the ... software... cuz it does what it should.

Personaly, I whoop a beat anytime faster then the next man but probably just as fast in reason or whatever. Basics man..

DWhyte

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yea I feel ya. Im not blaming the software. I just want to know whats best. and has the most capabilities.

Doc Henny

ill o.g.
Reason, but Cubase is a good choice too!

I think reason is the logical next step up, but if your looking for something simple to unify everything, cubase is relatively cheap, easy to use, and u can run reason through it (with ReWire) as well as your trigger finger....that way, you can chain the reason sounds and effects as well as other sequencer programs that can't record into an audio editing program, and build the entire beat together on just one program while using others through it (like Reason, Kontact, etc.) all at once. It's a pretty solid (albeit simple) setup

ill o.g.
D man i know you personally... don't change. you already have learned A Lot in FL. Just practice MORE. You spend to much time reading about beats and not enough making em. (jokes)

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
its all about preference in my opinion. all the programs do the same shit. just go with what feels better to u

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
J Rilla said:
I say go with EJAY......yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh boooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Whutchoo know about that Hip Hop eJay? I had a CRACKED version of that shit. CRACKED.

That's like getting a bootleg copy of Minesweeper or something.

Dog, in all honesty, stick with what you're most efficient with. While you're using whatever that is, slowly venture out into other types of software. You know, Try Before By (Thanks, H2O). If you just jump in headfirst into some new stuff, unless you're truly dedicated to doing it like that and won't give up, you're probably gonna end up frustrated as shit, and end up going back to whatever you're familiar with, anyway. That's just alot of mental energy and time burnt for nothing, plus a program you'll probably NEVER wanna fuck with again, just cuz you got so frustrated with it.

I STILL rock FL Studio. I've been with that setup since like late '97. Not even being arrogant, there's almost nothing about this software that's limiting my creativity... in fact, i find it to be JUST enough features to keep pushing the envelope, but not enough to have me like "Dude. How do I just fucking pan the shit?". Lucky for me they update the shit just as I start bugging for a new feature.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ but fl5 is way more powerful than you need right now... it can do anything you want to do, if you figure it out. if you dont like fl5, then dont get fl6. but before you get anything, make sure you have some skills and an interest in makinig music. FL isnt whats limiting you.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Fl studio 6 is ill man...whats ur main reasons for not likin fl studio 5?? Reason is tight as hell aswell..

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I personally say use anything that appeal's to you. However, I like Fruityloops because it's simple, Easy, Cheap, and get's the job done. I've also had no other experience with any of the other's.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FL Studio is arguably the more extendable of all of them. It has the potential to be the more powerful of the group. By itself it's aiight, but when you start adding VSTi's/DXi's and fx, it grows into something far more powerful than Reason could ever hope to be.

Spend some more time with FL studio. Honestly, if you can bang out a beat using Reason's Redrum, you can do it in FL Studio.

members online