New Software

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bodega said:
i say fruity6. cant go wrong.

cuebass is good but hard to learn

It's not really that hard to learn. Logic is hard as hell to get your head around. Compared to that, everything is easy.

Cubase just has MORE to learn, there's a whole audio/automation suite there that FL doesn't have and it doesn't have the sample playback facilities built-in like FL studio.

The two together is the shit though. Use FL Studio as a multi-out VST within Cubase and run 16 FL studio channels through Cubase's mixer. That there is a sweet combo.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i think reason would be a composers dream seein how you need to have a keyboard to comfortably mess with it. you need a keyboard to use all the modules. just like a real rack. you can get down on reason, and still go and fix ur mistakes in the sequencer (like the piano roll in fruity)

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
i think reason would be a composers dream seein how you need to have a keyboard to comfortably mess with it. you need a keyboard to use all the modules. just like a real rack. you can get down on reason, and still go and fix ur mistakes in the sequencer (like the piano roll in fruity)

^^^^^^Churrcchh!!!Let the congregation say AH-men!!!!!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Master FL. The trigger finger and fruity slicer is a dream when it's worked right! I have reason also but, I don't really use it that much by itself. I like to rewire it to FL and play off Reasons synths. They are both powerful tools that can cancel each other out! At the end of the day, it's all about making heat though. But, my advice to you is to stick with FL it's really a great program.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Sanova said:

But, in FL Studio, you actually have the choice. You can use both, and it's also nice sometimes to compose directly with the mouse or to make adjustments with it...

All in all, it's really a question of preference...

djrekonize

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DWhyte said:
I am looking to purchase some new software I currently have Fruity Loops 5. But I really dont like it.
So vote for what I should get. And what would be best with a Trigger Finger.

if you dont like fl then go for reason

download a trail version before you buy also

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
i'd say stick with FL Studio. I have a Trigger Finger and Oxygen 8 MIDI'd up to it. Oh so nice! and to repeat what some other members were saying "stick with it and learn it" you'll be very surpised and impressed of the usefulness and easy programming the FL Studio has to offer. But if you dont want to stick with it then your logical move would be to go to Live.

p.s. to any Live user is there a dedicated sampler/wave editor native to this program. Or do you have to use 3rd party software. i.e. FL Slicer => FL Studio.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
REASON AND LIVE 5!!! Two sweet bitches!!! They are both just so sexy AND the perfect couple. I came from FL, its a good program, but like everyone said...its all about your workflow and what feels good to you, the program wont make you. Your ears and creativity make you.

One of the many things i like about Reason, besides the sound engine, it teaches you how to route hardware, and the routing possibilities are endless! Most appz, when rewired, are a lil unstable. With Reason and Live they work seamless. What i didnt like about Reason and Cubase rewired is that you cant work in Reason while they are rewired....you cant work the sequencer in Reason...but rewired to Live...you can completely work out of both programs...get yourself dual monitor support...and you couldnt ask for anything better....IMHO

ive done spectral comparison on tracks done in Reason and tracks done in FL..Reason had hardly no coloring of the music i mean nothing significant..more like 0.01% coloration. FL runs a lil "tinny" if that makes since...but i mean it can all be corrected with EQ. Either of them are excellent

members online