new sound card

Vell

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i have my factory sound card and my beats sound shitty as hell. what is a good sound card to buy. im in the $100 range. thanks for any help

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Are you going to use it to sample too, or just for playback? If you just need a good sound card for playback anything recent and made by creative should work good and if you're looking to sample the EMU 0404 and M-Audio 2496 both run for about $100.

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nebulous said:
Are you going to use it to sample too, or just for playback? If you just need a good sound card for playback anything recent and made by creative should work good and if you're looking to sample the EMU 0404 and M-Audio 2496 both run for about $100.

Damn you read my mind.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
EvRy1~MaN said:
Damn you read my mind.

Dude your inbox is boiling over... I wanted to ask you about the rest of our deal but I can't send you a message.... clear that inbox and holla at me on the private message deal.

Yeah yeah, offtopic. Bite me.

You too, ya rabid canadian.

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
Dude your inbox is boiling over... I wanted to ask you about the rest of our deal but I can't send you a message.... clear that inbox and holla at me on the private message deal.

Yeah yeah, offtopic. Bite me.

You too, ya rabid canadian.

what's taters

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vell said:
i have my factory sound card and my beats sound shitty as hell. what is a good sound card to buy. im in the $100 range. thanks for any help

The simple answer: Emu 0404 and Audiophile 2496 are your best bets.

The more complex answer: See if you can find an Echo Mia MIDI, Audiotrak Maya44+ (rare), Digi Audiomedia III, Emu APS, Echo Gina (20 bit) or Darla (20 bit), or maybe a Terratec EWS88MT. They're all good cards and can be had for about $100 on Ebay.

Personally, I have an Audiomedia III that I got for $60 on Ebay. It sucks as a general purpose audio card (i.e. it doesn't WORK with anything other than audio apps), for as an ASIO audio card it's great. I also have an old ass Soundblaster Vibra16 card in my machine for games and whatnot.