New sound separation technique on Funky Worm

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is great... when you drop the Mac version I'm getting it instantly!

You could honestly charge more for this.... It's badass.

A_SN

ill o.g.
i wish i had $144 to spare right now.

Well there's still the $37 license ;).

This is great... when you drop the Mac version I'm getting it instantly!

You could honestly charge more for this.... It's badass.
The Mac version is already out? Been in beta since June, works just as fine as the Windows version, only a couple of things are lacking, like, you can't open MP3s yet, and the menu is useless (not like there's even any menu on the Windows version).

And I considered charging more but I've been told that I might severely restrict how many people would buy it, because by charging less I get a whole lot more people who buy it without thinking too much about it. So changing the pricing is a risk I didn't want to take, considered this thing is my only source of income ;).

For a single Digital tool?? I think $144 is fair. If you charge too much then you steer away clients.
Yeah, mostly when so many people still wonder what good it is, despite all the demo videos lol. I mean look at this http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/comments/this_mac_tool_has_no_purpose_but_is_so_cool/

Most people buy the $37 license anyway. That's so cheap, if you ask me, everybody who's into sound should get it just in case they might need it ;).

Semi-relatedly, I'm trying to put together a video with various instruments isolated from various tracks. Any suggestions?

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel you man, I get your logic...

I guess I must have read an old post when I saw you saying you were still working on a Mac version for release soon. You'll be seein my money soon!

I'm not sure what I would want to hear in a comp of this sort of sampling... I'm not used to thinking in those terms... there's just a shit ton of bass lines that I would have loved to have had over the years but didn't want the drums or leads...

A_SN

ill o.g.
I'm not sure what I would want to hear in a comp of this sort of sampling... I'm not used to thinking in those terms... there's just a shit ton of bass lines that I would have loved to have had over the years but didn't want the drums or leads...

Great! Well if you have any sample you'd like me to try..

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Great! Well if you have any sample you'd like me to try..
Okay then, in the first 0:15 of "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley there's a sound that sounds like a digeridoo mixed with a moog synth or something...You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

Can you get that out?

A_SN

ill o.g.
Okay then, in the first 0:15 of "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley there's a sound that sounds like a digeridoo mixed with a moog synth or something...You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

Can you get that out?

I've got the song, and I don't hear any such thing in the first 15 seconds. First there's that "tick tick" thing that opens the song, then a few snares and then some instrument that plays the same note but seems to go up and down cause it's like going through a wah wah pedal or something. Is it the thing you want? You might as well send me the wav file of the precise thing you want ;)

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
how bout some Ray Charles. song: "Oh, what a beautiful morning". album: ray sings basie swings. I would like to see you take out the horns.

this is cool, its like your taking on challenges and shit.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
another one that would be cool and the exact opposite of the ray charles one is the Red hot chili peppers, higher ground. i would like to see you take out everything except the bass line. flea is amazing

A_SN

ill o.g.
another one that would be cool and the exact opposite of the ray charles one is the Red hot chili peppers, higher ground. i would like to see you take out everything except the bass line. flea is amazing

Unfortunately that one is too drowned in noise. You can get something out of it but nothing possibly clean because the noise makes things disappear and get distorted (there's very little resolution available in the low frequencies to make up for that).

Unrelatedly, I just made this. Some people around here might recognise the sample http://photosounder.com/misc/40_days.mp3

members online