New to samples

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
Hi wondering if i could get some advice about samples/sampling in general.... im fairly new to this stuff and most of the time i play my own melodies chords etc so i kind of haven't gotten big into them, however I found myself in need of some ambient female vocals on my newest project is there a good place to get them? and would it be expensive? I tried googling free samples and...the sites seemed kind of trash, also checked out the free samples on this site but most of em seem to be drums (which i'll definitly use thank you loads!) though i dare say i have not dug through all of them so maybe im just being dumb haha anyway any help would be appriciated thank you :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Hey for female vocals in particular, check this playlist:

It's mainly 90s acapellas I think but it's best to check Youtube, there's always something. Don't bother looking for websites that charge for that stuff, depending on if you're looking for something in particular.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Try looperman, the acapella section, although for commercial use try to contact the member...

yeah im assuming that and also taking samples from youtube is a big nono if i was to actually make something comercial? though im quite a ways from that yet haha

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
yeah im assuming that and also taking samples from youtube is a big nono if i was to actually make something comercial? though im quite a ways from that yet haha
Yeah don't worry about it unless you're releasing something commercially but even then you can always try to hide the samples. There's tons of ways. I covered this in a video:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh yeah and this too:

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
one tip for sampling I have is always chop where the wave crosses the zero point, to prevent clicks.
Splice and Arcade have been recommended to me, but I havent used them yet, for a reasonable monthly subscription you get access to samples and plugins.

I'm still using a cheaper than chips midi keyboard and a lot of the stock fl plugins/instruments hahah managed to juryrig a freeware arrpegiator though was quite proud of that ! Thanks for the tip actually learned alot messing around slicing and finding samples last night think this might add a new layer to my stuff once i get the hang of it ! :)