New to the community

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @MrPowerPositive and what's your age and your musical backstory? Not to be a downer but don't make full-time your focus in the era where "rappers" are karaoke-ing performances and "producers" are more MLM types than actual musicians.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Welcome @MrPowerPositive and what's your age and your musical backstory? Not to be a downer but don't make full-time your focus in the era where "rappers" are karaoke-ing performances and "producers" are more MLM types than actual musicians.

That's not very POWER POSITIVE now is it? :woot:

Keep the dream alive!!! forgive our love ogbama, she's grown a bit cynical!

“The journey is the most important thing.” Terry Lewis

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Insane @2GooD Productions thing is I've been that way (never worried about what others do/are doing, etc.) my whole life.

Insane @2GooD Productions thing is I've been that way (never worried about what others do/are doing, etc.) my whole life.
The vibe I get from you, I wouldnt say that. I wonder if you are more cynical than me, Mr I.M. Cynical.
Yes the industry is fucked, it always has been, its not new, but dont let the negativity in the industry stop you from achieving your goals, or dragging you down into the negativity.
Its up to us to fix it, nobody else is going to. I threw away 7 years of my musical journey because of the sick industry, I speak from experience.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @2GooD Productions in your opinion is the best way to rid myself of cynicism? I hate that I'm that way but I guess it saves me from naivety, etc.

What are some of the things you saw, etc.

What @2GooD Productions in your opinion is the best way to rid myself of cynicism? I hate that I'm that way but I guess it saves me from naivety, etc.

You cant really rid yourself of cynicism, it comes from finding out about the harsh realities of the world we live in, without the rose tinted spectacles or the illusion of bullshit the media pulls over our eyes. Once your eyes have been opened they cant really be closed. That would be wilful ignorance. Instead, the pain and hardship that has led to your cynicism has made you stronger mentally and emotionally, instead of allowing the cynicism to hold you back, use it to get you ahead. Knowledge is power. Struggle gives us the strength for more struggle, nothing in this world is easy, you have to work hard for everything.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

You cant really rid yourself of cynicism, it comes from finding out about the harsh realities of the world we live in, without the rose tinted spectacles or the illusion of bullshit the media pulls over our eyes. Once your eyes have been opened they cant really be closed. That would be wilful ignorance. Instead, the pain and hardship that has led to your cynicism has made you stronger mentally and emotionally, instead of allowing the cynicism to hold you back, use it to get you ahead. Knowledge is power. Struggle gives us the strength for more struggle, nothing in this world is easy, you have to work hard for everything.

I guess the key would be, belief, hope, positivity. To balance it out.

Like 2good said, exposure to realities and the understanding of it leads to the cynicism, and it won't necessarily leave like that -- and it has its uses. But you need to balance it out with positive knowledge. The knowledge to know that things are attainable and achievable.

Had a mentor who was saying like come up with a dream to achieve with music, one that's impossible or unachievable/unrealistic. One was "perform a gig on the moon", but even that, not necessarily unattainable; commercial space travel is becoming a thing, so the concept of a gig performed on the moon is not too farfetch'd an idea for the near future. So just think how more possible your otherwise 'normal' dream/goals are.

That's just one way at leats and it's great to see you wanting to grow and improve still!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Uses @Iron Keys would be, say, keeping me out of harm's way overall or knowing when/if something/someone is too good to be true? re: cynicism

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Uses @Iron Keys would be, say, keeping me out of harm's way overall or knowing when/if something/someone is too good to be true? re: cynicism

yeah like an extreme level consider it like;
Never leaving your house 'cause you know bad can happen; as opposed to just being aware of the bad, but knowing lots of good can be had out there.

So think about how on subtle levels it could hold you back from doing things.

yeah like an extreme level consider it like;
Never leaving your house 'cause you know bad can happen; as opposed to just being aware of the bad, but knowing lots of good can be had out there.

So think about how on subtle levels it could hold you back from doing things.
I agree, acknowledging that the bad is there doesnt mean you need to let it drag you down or hold you back.
As humans we spend so much of our time trying to fit into a box(peer group), just wanting to be accepted for what we are, but we make the mistake of becoming something we are not to be accepted for who "we are".
The world is so full of negativity and hate right now its hard not to be dragged down by it, be a rebel, be positive, and above all, be you.

LOL! I didn't even finish reading all the comments but it started getting hilarious. I'm making some popcorn and going back to it after this pot...I mean post.‍️ Okay, I'm a 53 year old veteran of the U.S. Army from California recently transplanted to Indiana. I started writing lyrics in the late 80's and developed into a beat maker in the 90's because I couldn't find the quality of music I was searching for. Rhythm, baselines, sampling and good ear tone (even with tinnitus) are my strengths. I started using Fruity Loops in the 90's when it was in beta mode and I still use FL Studio. After years of unfinished projects with crappy sounding production I invested in a course to become an engineer. Don't worry peeps, no one on this fkn planet can discourage me from doing what I want to do. It's in the name - Power (asé) Positive (irie). And I welcome all naysayers and pessimists just remember - "You can't talk shit to a cesspool." (quoting self) I'm no narcissist but I want you to know that I am arrogant. I love competition, especially when iron can sharpen iron. I've been beating up on myself for way too long so now it's your turn. I'm literally here to have fun so let's connect, collab, inspire, grow and talk shit!✌
Now I'm finna go make that popcorn and leave a few responses if necessary...