New! Underground Hip Hop Show Coming Soon...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Illmuzik fam and advertising affiliates,

I'm executive-producing an underground hip hop show that is scheduled to air in early 2006 on the Fox 45 Network and hopefully live on the internet.
The premise of the show is to air videos from the top independent artists worldwide, conduct exclusive interviews, preview new gear for producers, and maybe have a DJ get busy and flex his skills since we haven't seen that since the movie "juice" lol.

I'm looking to feature the latest indie videos but we all know any GOOD hip hop show gotta have your CLASSICS from the golden eras of hip hop, when "everything was everything". I also know from traveling and living abroad that real hip hop is overseas too and I wanna produce the 1st show that brings all of it together in a one hour format!

If you guys have any videos in your download collection that you would like to have aired, send them to me. I'm looking for that real boom-bap, classic shit from the Bay Area, the UK's hottest, Australia, all that!
I'm like 10 years behind the whole download craze, so obviously i don't know what sites to hit up to get the stuff i need, I just caught on the usendit and stuff like that, you can send me pm's or send them to indieplanet@hotmail.com , or just give me links to
sites i can get videos from.

*If you send me videos, please leave your name, website, and some email or contact info, in exchange for helping me produce a very ill show, I will give you a shout out and promote your latest album or mixtape and once we get the budget (to travel) for Season 2, I may fly to your hood and conduct a lil' interview with you and your label.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i dont really understand what you want....

you want signed artists or unsigned?

what level of "fame" as such do they have to have? or is it just sick videos from whoever?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
i dont really understand what you want....
you want signed artists or unsigned?
what level of "fame" as such do they have to have? or is it just sick videos from whoever?

Haze47,
I actually had to address this at one of the 2,000,000 meetings we had over the concept of the show, so let me give you "The Indie Planet" Video Playlist.

We'll air videos from any unsigned artist or label as long as the quality is good and they're not violating Comcast "TV laws".
*The only exception to that is Necro. He personally sent me some stuff so I'm playin it!

What about artists like Common who is commercial yet brings a social message???

*My remedy for that is to play rare/classic videos (I Used to Love H.E.R. etc.) from artists who are now successful. I would play "The World is Yours" from Nas for example.

What about foreign artists that don't speak English??

*SEND IT!!! I'll find somebody who will translate it to the best english possible and we'll run sub-titles over the screen. The more foreign videos the better, NOBODY is taking any risks or doing tv like that in the states!

What about classics from the 80's and 90's??
*SEND IT!! I'm a hip hop FAN, and I don't know any real hip hop fan who wouldn't wanna see that ILL shit on the screen!

Rare videos like Mobb Deep -Shook Ones
Digable Planets, The Symphony, Wu, Native Tongues send em on!
------------------------------------------------------------------
For Season 2 we're going to Japan and Germany for sure because hip hop is still raw in these spots, maybe hit up the DMC competition in Japan. I know my way around Tokyo like the back of my hand so I don't need a tour guide, right now it's just about getting the advertisers to hold us down for the 1st year, so we can present something good.

Hope that cleared some things up Haze!

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
So right now you're just looking for rare videos right? I see that it's going to be on FOX... is it going to be showing nation wide and how long is the show? If you're getting videos from online, how would the quality of the video be when it's aired on TV? And one last thing is I think theres already a show like that already on digital cable. It plays rare and old to new hip hop videos.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
KurtisRich said:
So right now you're just looking for rare videos right? I see that it's going to be on FOX... is it going to be showing nation wide and how long is the show? If you're getting videos from online, how would the quality of the video be when it's aired on TV? And one last thing is I think theres already a show like that already on digital cable. It plays rare and old to new hip hop videos.

Initially, it won't be a nationwide show, you need to have "nationwide-dollars and sponsorship" behind you to make that happen. We will be starting out in the Baltimore market, which reaches roughly 600,000 viewers. I'm putting Season 1 on DVD and
selling it to all my mom and pop connections all throughout the south and even in select
HMV distributors in Asia.
I would like to broadcast it live on the web, to build that nation/worldwide audience,
but we also produce a show called "Rock and Roll TV" (55 episodes strong)
and the rock labels wouldn't let us put the videos they sent us on the web,
HOPEFULLY since we're dealing w/ major indies and indies, they wouldn't mind the exposure.

You may lose a bit of quality from online, but I've seen some pretty good stuff too, its just a matter of weeding things out until I get the regular support from the labels.

There's about 5,000 local and cable access shows nationwide that play rare/classic hip hop, but they're either local-minded and will never expand or they secretly wish they could interview major label acts.
I know this because I still work behind the scenes for other shows and besides,
the show that I'm working on is DIRECTLY benefitting illmuzik.com,
in ways that will reveal themselves if things go as planned.

members online