New w/ Fruity Lops

ill o.g.
Ok so I will admit I am fairly new to producing and i have a few problems.

1. I started makin beats on Kinetic it was fairly fun ad easy but then I moved on to fruty Loops (although I still have Kinetic) but why can't i get my beats to sound like anything but robotic crap? any pointers.

2. I live down south (although origanally from Toronto) and it shows I CAN'T make any "Southern" sounding beats.. you kknow the ones w/ that jump, that get hype feel..
any tips?

3. Does any body have any sites w/ free downloadable loops or sample for either fruity loops or kinetic?

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
you cant use the fruity sounds you got start collecting sounds search the forums there's ton of good shit on here

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dakotathecanuck said:
Ok so I will admit I am fairly new to producing and i have a few problems.

1. I started makin beats on Kinetic it was fairly fun ad easy but then I moved on to fruty Loops (although I still have Kinetic) but why can't i get my beats to sound like anything but robotic crap? any pointers.

2. I live down south (although origanally from Toronto) and it shows I CAN'T make any "Southern" sounding beats.. you kknow the ones w/ that jump, that get hype feel..
any tips?

3. Does any body have any sites w/ free downloadable loops or sample for either fruity loops or kinetic?

hey man,

1. I've never heard of Kinetic but FL (Fruity Loops) is pretty easy to learn too. To get your beats sounding "less liek robotic crap". check your tempo and make sure it's in a hip-hop related tempo (somewhere around 90BPM). Also place your kicks, snares and hats in a way that has some subtle variety so that they aren't so repitive. same for the melody too, subtle variations are key.

2. the South has many different sounds. I think the sound your reffering to is that Lil Jon type of sound? it all comes down to the choise of sounds you use and how you use them.

3. you can download a gang of sounds on the net. for drums u can get a doep free kit called NS KIT 7 (I think). Check that out and other sites too.

good luck with it mate and let us know if you have any more questions

peace

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Build up a sample library, use google to search for hip hop sounds such as drums snares hi hats etc etc...the ish fruity comes wit is robotic soundin and wack so dont use them

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dakotathecanuck said:

same thing with me....

ill o.g.
yep.. also I am not really referring to the "Lil Jon" type beats I can work with those.. im reffering to more of the Three 6 Mafia type beats... if that makes sense w/ the rolling Hi-hat ( or snare) not sure.. thanks for th help fam.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dakotathecanuck said:
yep.. also I am not really referring to the "Lil Jon" type beats I can work with those.. im reffering to more of the Three 6 Mafia type beats... if that makes sense w/ the rolling Hi-hat ( or snare) not sure.. thanks for th help fam.

word, it sounds like it's mostly teh rum patterns you are referring to do. I would recommend trying to replicate some of the drum pattersn you like with the rolling hats and snares

you can do all types of drum patterns to in FL, it's potential is virtually limited.

list a couple of specific songs you want to creat similar types of sounds too and I'll see if I can offer any more advice

peace

ill o.g.
ok um prbablly the first track that comes to mind is I-20's Break Bread ( I know its not Three 6 Mafia.) that the kind south i was sayin.. thanx

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^

aiite cool, I haven't actually heard that track but I'll try and peep it when i get home (i'm at work at the moment)

ill o.g.
Oh ok its's a quality track it actually was prodeced by Lil Jon though ..haha.. btw does anybody have any good sites for LOOPS other than drums in WAV format?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dont go looking for loops... ive never heard of kinetic but its sounds kinda like hiphop ej... theres a transition between dragging and dropping the sounds that come witha program, that all sound good together, and making beats. start looking for your own samples, not just loops , or you could start working with some synth stuff. a lot of lil jon stuff is pretty attainable with og synths in FL or in reason or something.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
your not serious. i think your question came out wrong. can you rephrase please

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
go to file> export> and select either wave mp3 or midi and there you go

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^

hey man, I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll peep that song you liked and get back to you with some ideas.

for now start with the drums and try something like this;

1. set the tempo to 90

2. open one of the 808 drum kits

3. program the following drum pattern

h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

k - - - c - - - k - k - c - - -

h = hi hat
k = kick drum
c = clap

see how that goes mate

holla

members online