NI Maschine is THE product of the year!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.

ess vinyl

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i messed around with it for a for a few hours in my boys home studio but i couldnt really get into it, its better than any other controller and software combination compared to the rest of the stuff out there (reason+contoller and so on) but i guess im too stuck in my ways with the 2kxl... i really cant see myself moving on... too comfortable.....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I watched all the vids on the NI website and im defintly considering getting one. I know its supposed to come with sounds as well, but I didnt see anything about syncing and recording to external sound modules. Is it possible to use with a motif rack?

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
no doubt peeps, I feel those that don't get with the computer...that was me for a loooooooooong time lol.

Ozmosis..

yeah, you can use midi out if you want to control a motif rack same as if you were doing it from cubase or ableton live, it has a midi out port on it.

only one though....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Same version but you must be a student or teacher. See..

"What is the Educational Edition?
Students, teachers, staff, and schools qualify for Educational Pricing. You will have to verify your status when you purchase the software. Software is Non-Returnable."

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Im not gonna lie, I havent tried it yet but I would def consider copping Machine if it did eveything my 1000 does and more with the same or very similar workflow...For me thats the keyest feature: WORKFLOW. I want something thats gonna give me the closest if not exact but better operation as an MP basically....I want to be able to record directly in, chop, sequence, move on....NOT use 3 various softwares or some shit just to prep my beat before I can get down and dirty if you feel me....and Machine looks like its capable of that to my knowledge.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
maschine is all about workflow. and it is very mpc like. chopping up samples and recording sequences you'll feel at home immediately. copying pads, sequences and patterns is the fastest thing ever. and you hardly ever need to touch the mouse. drawbacks are: pc has to be running, it could integrate better with DAWs (but they are working on it), it's not an mpc. BUT it's big fun, and I'm sure it will be even more in future.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
I just got mine last Thursday, and lets just say I will be putting my 1000 up for sale. It does take some time to get used to, you have to get adjusted to where everything is. Like Saint Joe said, the only real difference is song mode and its great having all your sounds available.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
you dont record into the hardware if thats what you meant. all the signal processing actually takes place in your pc. it's a software sampler/drum computer with a dedicated hardware controller. but nearly all aspects of the software can be controlled via the hardware (you don't need to watch your monitor) so it feels very much like working with an mpc. plus the workflow is really good.