Nightmare On Halloween Street

• beat this! voting starts in...

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 17
Had to listen twice before deciding if I liked it or not to be honest. Turns out I love it except for the double kicks. I would personally take it out but just my preference. It is a simple beat but also very efficient. Good work.

Sonically it sounds limited, like the bottom is filtered off of it, and without hi hats seems a bit limited in the high end too. Has an annoying pop in the left channel too. Not sure some of the high frequency sounds are working with that bass too. I like the use of panning of samples and I really like the snare.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Sonically it sounds limited, like the bottom is filtered off of it, and without hi hats seems a bit limited in the high end too. Has an annoying pop in the left channel too. Not sure some of the high frequency sounds are working with that bass too. I like the use of panning of samples and I really like the snare.
Thank you @2GooD Productions and @Earsblower for listening and your feedback. Much appreciated.

I removed the pop in the drums and will work on the mix.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
got to love these kind of samples, needs vocals to fully enjoy it but would be fire

unaufadox

ILLIEN
Thank you @2GooD Productions and @Earsblower for listening and your feedback. Much appreciated.

I removed the pop in the drums and will work on the mix.
Yea bro same for me...but you said you would work on the mix so all good.

Not sure how you feel about stereo width in a mix (some like it mostly straight up the middle) but that might benefit this. Have that bass surround the listener...make it haunting. Maybe that sample as well...nice and wide. Have those drums bumping right up the middle. I like the feel of the drums. Not too locked to the grid. Moving. Nice. Good work.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Yea bro same for me...but you said you would work on the mix so all good.

Not sure how you feel about stereo width in a mix (some like it mostly straight up the middle) but that might benefit this. Have that bass surround the listener...make it haunting. Maybe that sample as well...nice and wide. Have those drums bumping right up the middle. I like the feel of the drums. Not too locked to the grid. Moving. Nice. Good work.
Thank you. I did not reupload to YT but here you could listen to the updated version.

https://kanethemod.com/beats/nighmare-on-halloween-street-havoc-x-apollo-brown-type-beat

unaufadox

ILLIEN
Yea bro. Tha mix is night and day. Lots of improvement. Still got that clip in the left speaker. I figured it might be a watermark thing? If not, it is when one of the samples comes in or loops. Sounds like it needs a small fade at the transition like 5 or 10 milliseconds. Just sounds like the chop has been made while audio was present instead of in complete silence....sounds like a soundwave has been chopped.

members online