Interviews Nitara Reaves

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
nitara.jpg

Nitara Reaves was the first R&B artist to send us material at IllMuzik Radio and we have been keeping her in heavy rotation ever since. Now nominated for the QC Awards for best R&B female vocalist she took some time from a busy video shooting schedule to let us interview her.

Hi Nitara , can you introduce yourself to our readers?

Hi, my name is Nitara Reaves.

Where in NC are you located?

I'm located in Charlotte, NC.

When did you start did you start singing?

5 years of age learning Broadway.

When did you decide that you wanted to start recording?

2003, while living in New Jersey going through life's obstacles. I knew I had to put it in my recordings.

Do you write your own lyrics or do you have a team that does that? How does that work?

Yes. I write, arrange, and produce some of my music. My son, Stix Reaves, who just recently turned 13 actually has been producing tracks for me along with other producers like One1 The Producer and Michael Darden.

How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as R&B Soul with a classic new twist. Perhaps one could describe my style as sweet, with a touch of aggression.

Who would you say are your main influences?

My influences have been Gerald Levert, Millie Jackson, Betty Wright, Layla Hathaway, and R. Kelly.

What do you like to do when you're not recording?

When I am not recording I am writing, playing instruments, cooking and watching movies.

Anyone you'd like to collaborate with?

I have recently collaborated with D Rich and enjoy working with him. In the future I would love to collaborate with R Kelly.

What do you think about the current state of R&B ?

The current state of R&B needs to take over the airwaves regarding message. The message needs to get back to loving.

You were nominated for Best Female R&B artist in the QC Awards - how does that feel?

It feels great to be nominated in my hometown where I got my roots.

Will you be touring in the future?

Yes, I will be touring.

Any shout outs?

To my manager DeCher at Bronze Lion Management, D Rich, One The Producer, Thomas Hicklin, and a host of others!!!

Thanks for doing this interview, we love playing your music on IllMuzik Radio
keep us updated!

members online