No Record Stores out here....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I've been looking for some record spots in the Orlando area...

And I've found none...

The goodwills ? No records...

Now I KNOW people don't dig out here...because if you heard any of the producers out here.....

All the beats sound like techno....

I've downloaded records online..........but you know..mp3....digital....no true sound......

Sometimes you could get entire instrumental collections online and stuff......just have to know where to get them >=)

If anyone lives out here and knows of any record spots....hit me up......

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
If you know what you are looking for, meaning you know what labels you like and artists, etc. sometimes I find some good records on ebay and shit. Or meet a lot of old people!!! they always have tons of records they dont use anymore. My grandmother gave me like 500 records of her's. They are all old like from the 30s 40s and 50s but no the less some of them have some good sounds on them.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
A lot of places that sell records don't advertise. Check out used book shops and places like that... just gotta dig deeper.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You're right....I haven't looked hard enough...lol..

Guess I have some new places to roll to...

I didn't even think of google...

And I google EVERYTHING...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
A lot of places that sell records don't advertise. Check out used book shops and places like that... just gotta dig deeper.

Good idea, one of the better places I found was a bookstore that didn't advertise. Musta had 30 crates for 50cents. It took me a few hours to check each one out, plus he cut me a deal. Too bad quality plastics and inner sleaves cannot be found so stealthly. Here is the best place I have found for resealable plastic outers:

http://www.sleevetown.com/lp-sleeves-outer.shtml

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Haha ya that's the worst.. I usually just take em from other records (if there's any available !).

Whaa?? ahaha I can't believe I didn't think about that. I am always so excited while flipping I never thought about that.. an even if outer plastics are not available then I know I could get inner sleaves for the records I want that have none. I wouldn't go an take more than the records that I am buying that are missing them because I always run into empty sleaves from sumbags who double-stuffed.. but If I am buying them and they are missing an inner-sleave or plastic then that's no foul in my books. Thanks for the idea

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

word, do you have any wonder book and video stores. I have one near me that has a whole wall of records, a lot of classical but you sometimes can find some good records there for cheap, craigslist, search around you sometimes where are people selling records. basically you have to be dedicated to diggin and you have to want to dig.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Anyone know of any record shops out here? LOL

Try living in a country that doesn't have any record shops at all. (maybe Hong Kong has some, I should check that out).

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
word, do you have any wonder book and video stores. I have one near me that has a whole wall of records, a lot of classical but you sometimes can find some good records there for cheap, craigslist, search around you sometimes where are people selling records. basically you have to be dedicated to diggin and you have to want to dig.

No wonder book places around here, but there are plenty of indy book shops. Although hit and miss, some pawn shops have records too.

Sincock

Your best bet is to see if there are any reviews on the net, or if there's any places that advertise vinyl.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Yeah I think Hong Kong is my best bet, cause on the mainland back in the seventies and earlier no-one was listening to anything but revolutionary music. Any vinyl that would be sold would be new stuff.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
yo the old people trick works man they actually get all amp up and start telling the ware they were when it first came out!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!! boring !!hahah i just be like whats the name of this dat!!n and the oldness kicks in and all of a sudden they just start naming shit!!
this one guy was like follow me went to the basement and he gave me all his c assets of old shit when he was young!!! i got the box's stored up!! theres like 5 box's!!!
so i left wit like 5 box's of old old old stuff 1500's hahaha and a list about like over 150 people!! ill never forget that day!! he was like why u so excited about these old song!! i laughed!!! told da old couple if u only new!!! i stood up for a week straight wit da mpc 200oxl and a tape deck!!!hahaha!!!! when back a few weeks later he was like dam young blood havent seen u around here for a few weeks!! ask him for mor names cuz i was pheaning to get some sample to chop!!! im still am!!lol!!little did i know dat old man and his wife put me on!! went back down stairs and he gave me all the 45's and records!! got all dat shit in storage wooooooooooo!!! old people are da shit when it comes to music if u ever get in a fight wit an old person!! come back and ask them about some music!!!hahaha

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
yeah i always run into older people, mainly 50-60, who trip out over my interest in records. Once I say that it's a great way to get to know excellent music they practically want me to marry their daughters.. then when i tell them i'm a gangster rapper they... haha JK

members online