No Sound Through My Computer?

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I've got my turntable plugged into my mixer, then mixer plugged into my mic port via RCA and I'm getting no sound through my pc at all. I've tried checking if everything is muted etc etc, soundcard settings, all of that and nothing is working. I still get sound from programs on my pc and my mixer plays sound through my headphones, but something is stopping it from playing through my pc.

Any helpful ideas?

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Did it work before? If not, my guess would be that you probably need a preamp. I tried putting a turntable through my audio interface without one and got no sound also. Then got a preamp and it works beautifully.

T

The Arkitekt

I would think its something on the computer, isnt the turntable going through a preamp on the mixer?

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Yea, it worked for me for a few years. I've got some 1210's running through a Vestax PMC-07 Pro mixer, then via RCA to the mic point in the pc.

This is the first time i've tried to run this set up on my pc, but it's worked on my last two computers after a little bit of fiddling about. This time it's just arguing with me big time.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
OK, it's recording now, and I get the sound when I play it back, but other wise I get no sound through my speakers, just through the 'phones that are connected to the mixer. Super weird.