non-musical sources of inspiration?

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
i got this idea from a recent conversation with wings...

what, besides music, inspires you in your music. I know we could all say life...but what exactly in life?

ill start...most of my inspiration comes from split second feelings and moods, before they become emotions...those times when you get a certain feeling thta you cant put your finger on...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Exactly, Emotions are always perfect to spawn new ideas, but next to the ordinary....Things like: When i "paint", or create other works of art whether it be computer based or on my pad, i tend to feel ideas for music through its creation oddly enough....Also, being slightly related to "moods", "envirnonments" help create ideas for me....When im in, say, a negative or a positive environment, i get ideas that i wouldnt somewhere else which attach themselves to moods of their own....

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
wear high heels son, so nobody will look down on ya... lol
i get my inspiration out of enjoying fucked up things, the melancholic view. But ussually it aint got nothing to do with inspiration, when i am making my beats i'm just spacing the fuck out at night and just doing it totally focussed on it and nothing else.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
It has to do with music in a way, but "sounds" would be it...

Sometimes, I hear a sound, any sound... like a broken glass or the sound of my feets on the gravel, and, because of other ideas in my head, it generates a beat...

Also, it's been said, but emotions and environment are a big inspiration...

Or Movies/situations... it happend a couple of times... i make a soundtrack to situations that happen... like, when working or in a bus, talking to a girl...

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Emotions and environments obviously have a massive effect on your musical ouput, either concioulsy or subconciously...

....On a more specific note, architecture inspires me a lot - the shapes, the textures etc; looking out of my window - looking at the sky; chilling with friends on a sunday evening; walking home in the dark on my own - the long shadows,buidlings and street lamps etc inspire me a lot too; being on shrooms [I've only done them like twice, but my hallucinations will give me enough to work with for the rest of my life]; a mood created by a film I've seen or an image/painting/piece of art I've seen is also often a source of inspiration for me.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There is no emotion, only peace. lol
Yea emotions definetly provide inspiration. I mean if I'm, upset, my track will reflect it. Same with happiness, sadness, or whatever it may. It might bet that shorty I'm secretly diggin at work. You never know. Also the artists I work with and poeple who hear my work provide inspiration as well. Out

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Poverty or more like the fear of returning to the same economic conditions that I was raised in is the reason why I go so hard at everything I do. I went to the crib this weekend and I really wonder how I got so far when everybody is on parole, on the block,
or on the "weight loss" plan from smoking all that dust.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
hum, having hope is my truly inspiration. then, I looove to battle with my people so it get me amped. and i reallllly like when they are happy with my music. its a blessing when they appreciate the funny little thing that you come up with. Of course emotions are the key.

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
compliments.... the more people that compliment my shit the more shit i wanna do.... if people dont compliment my shit i start slackin off.....

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
heartbreak, drama, stress..

my inspiration.