Not in a Rush

So quick backstory: I had a dream about the art cover. Like I had a dream about a bunch of whales in some super trippy ocean. I woke up then immediately described it to my designer.

Basically this is a track from that tape, that vibe.

Stay fly yall,

- Slime Green Beats

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Hah, space whale fits this perfectly. I like the rich tone you have going here. Feels like an interlude track. Bass is good. Really makes it feel ethereal.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the drums though. The kick is fine, but the hat is too subdued. I don't think it should be "in-your-face" but I think it would benefit from being brought forward in the mix, and possibly some tweaking of the velocity to give it some movement. Especially considering its really the only thing other than the main pulsing synth that bring a large sense of rhythm to the beat. More importantly, however, I don't like the snare at all. It's kind of jarring and in my opinion doesn't fit in with the relatively clean sound of the other drums.

Still overall though it does sound nice.

Hah, space whale fits this perfectly. I like the rich tone you have going here. Feels like an interlude track. Bass is good. Really makes it feel ethereal.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the drums though. The kick is fine, but the hat is too subdued. I don't think it should be "in-your-face" but I think it would benefit from being brought forward in the mix, and possibly some tweaking of the velocity to give it some movement. Especially considering its really the only thing other than the main pulsing synth that bring a large sense of rhythm to the beat. More importantly, however, I don't like the snare at all. It's kind of jarring and in my opinion doesn't fit in with the relatively clean sound of the other drums.

Still overall though it does sound nice.
Word, thanks for the feedback! Yeah ive been working more on my mixing so I totally get what you're saying

firstly that image reminds me of a drum and bass track I made years ago called "Walking With Space Whales", I came up with the name while stoned, but there they are, space whales.

I like the vibe of the beat but have to agree with @iDeaLoGiK about the snare and hi hats. Snare doesnt really fit the beat and the hi hats are pretty low in the mix.

firstly that image reminds me of a drum and bass track I made years ago called "Walking With Space Whales", I came up with the name while stoned, but there they are, space whales.

I like the vibe of the beat but have to agree with @iDeaLoGiK about the snare and hi hats. Snare doesnt really fit the beat and the hi hats are pretty low in the mix.
Bro I gotta hear that track lol whales be trippy

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Wow this is really nice man. Really excellent work. Yea I totally agree the hats are way too low. If anything I would prefer the kick and snare to be subdued, not the hats. But I really love the ambience of this track. Takes me to another place. Great job!

members online