Note Playing for too damn long!

richwny15

ill o.g.
Whats up Ill fam, ok so here's my problem, Im almost done with one of my beats and as Im listening to the full beat I notice during the second minute n a half of the beat I keep hearing a little piece of a jazz organ instrument that I played in a melody back in the begining of the track. This note stretches way to long. I was going to use the channel settings and use the hold feature to make the notes hold for less time but thats ruining the whole sound of the melody, im kinda stumped n dont know wut to do. Any advice?? Thankz

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
u must shorten its release... u should have adsr (attack, delay, sustain, release) settings somewhere... im assuming this is softwaRE... shorten the release and it should be fine... if ur still not pleased with the outcome, then record that note alone to ur liking, then copy and paste it back to the melody.

da relic

richwny15

ill o.g.
Just tried it relic, the release worked just fine, it gave me a bit of a fade out effect at the ending of last note but it just added more flavor to the track, thats for helping me, This track it going to be on a mixtape due and its due wedesday you just put me rite back on schedule, Thankz 1