Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here to listen to the beats:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

You can also discuss the Cleverwon vs. Afriquedeluxe battle in here.

E

Equality 7-2521

afrique: my vote went to your FIRST beat.....not your SECOND beat or your THIRD beat.

i nearly voted for Cleverwon cos you tried to milk the competition.

good luck fellas

P

petediddy

i swear...

i dont know... i gotta early head start in the voting being that i live in Paris...

this Afriquedlx cat, i dont understand why he's advanced so much... StraDiva had the better beat... and now that he already has and advance in the voting on Cleverwon, jesus that beat can be like a indy or commercial hit...

man i smell something...

yo, its all love here and i aint calling Afrique wack, the kid has talent but... he shouldnt be in the final...

out

Originally posted by Mr. Messenger
afrique: my vote went to your FIRST beat.....not your SECOND beat or your THIRD beat.

i nearly voted for Cleverwon cos you tried to milk the competition.

good luck fellas

i couldnt follow your sentence, so who tried to milk the competition? Afrique or Clever?

P

peripheral

You know, I gotta say that this one was hard for me. I think both headz have talent, I think Afrique has a good feel for sound and how certain sound elements play off of each other (which makes him a strong competitor), but I think cleverwon has the better overall "hip hop" feel ( although I have to deduct a few points for using the Supremes just on originality...but he did flip the joint nicely.

So my vote has to go to Cleverwon...

Good luck to both!!!

"Explore Ideas Beyond THe Periphery"
www.peripheralmedia.com

Lifetime Graphic Designer turned Hip Hop Producer

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I vote Cleverwon. just cause i love the feel. I wouldnt put afrodeleux's beat on my album. tho the production sounds tight

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I like both, but Cleverwon's track is stronger! While Afriqu's joint is tight, it doesn't have the presence and nod factor that C-won's got. Thats just my opinion,,,they both did a great job! I think the fact that C didnt change his beat was dope. he had a product that he felt confident with and stayed with it. Not only that but he was consistent with it! If I was to advance,,i was gonna change up myself,,but to be that confident with a track is dope!

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
cleverwon definitely... it had that head nod element... plus its catchy as hell. good luck man

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
DAMN i WiSH i COULD HEAR THESE BEATS MAN.
DAMN CAN i GET A SNiPPET TO DOWNLOAD OR SOMETHiNG...PLEASE...LOL.

iT SEEMS To ME LiKE SoME OF YOUS ARE VoTiNG FoR ALL THE WRoNG REASoNS MAN.VoTE FoR THE BEST BEAT, WHYS iT MATTER iF AFRIQUE CHANGED oR DiDNT CHANGE THROUGHTOUT THE RoUNDS, oR CUZ CLEV SAMPLED THE SUPREMES.THESE SAME POLITiCS iS WHY HiP-HoP iS FUCKED UP NOW.iF THEY FEEL LiKE THiS iS THEiR HOTTEST SHiT, THEN LET THEM BE AND STOP ACTiN LiKE LiTTLE BiTCHES.CiTY

E

EXEL THE BRAIN

come on guys i know afrique is yall boy and whatever and hes kool as hell but cleverwon clearly has the better beat on this one.....
my vote goes to clever........... that beat is just sick!

M

metrosoul

cleverwon gets my vote even though the battle that has been a dissapointment.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Not that it should matter, but I plan on entering every Battle This! comp, and I don't want to waste 4 beats on each competition. I want to see how far one beat will go each time. It's more of a way for me to see where I need to improve as a producer, although winning is another obvious reason, I aint gonna front ;). By everyone's reaction to this beat, I know its a banga.... But to each his own. Afrique - good luck. And as always, thank you to everyone who voted for Cleverwon ProdukshunZ in this battle!!!! 1!

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
my vote went to afrique though I can't deny cleverwon's beat is a banger!!
it was a tough choise between two dope one's.
what I like bout afrique's beat is the change in the end.
in my opinion his beat is stronger as an instrumental and cleverwon's beat needs rhymes to enjoy the full flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online