Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Sunday, November 16th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Holmzini vs. Jclay battle in here.

ill o.g.
Holmzini! Thats what Wu-Tang SHOULD sound like!

Jclay? it sounds like halftime music for the NBA produced by jermaine dupri/some techno guy.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Holmzini, that sample is sick! Made me feel extra chinese today! ha ha ... I can almost hear a story being told on that beat fam..

Cleverwon ProdukshunZ vote - Holmzini

P

petediddy

this match up was a nobrainer...

as for Holmzini, im not a fan of those type sample-a-traditional-chinese-music-record type beat... you made it work... but i still think to make those beats are kinda lame, ya know? They show no really creativity from the producer...

P

peripheral

Holmzini: Nice right from the start...I couldn't wait until the bassline dropped.

Jclay: This was a tough matchup....I wasn't feelin the "synthetic" vibe...keep workin'

"Explore Ideas Beyond The Periphery"

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
holmzini: very nice, like the groove and the sample, you got attention

jclay: i really like what you did with the track. nice drum pattern too.

M

maxveritech

a sucker for electro!

great beats from both producers!

nice to hear an electro joint too! good luck to both of you!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo jclay ... i though your beat was hot... the arrangemnt was sick... dont change your style for no one.... plus... there more money in those dance/electro type of beats then there is in sampled hip hop beats anywway.. trust me..

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
Holmzini: Thanks. Congratulations. Your beat was hot too. When I made my beat, I was watching the move Breakin' wit Turbo and Ozone about break dancin. So I went to create a more up to date Breakin/Hip Hop beat and that was the result. But anyway, good luck to you in the tournament.

C

Copenhagen

Alright peeps, thanks to both contestants in this battle of round 1 and to the people who voted.
Get ready for round 2!

(thread closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.