Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Sunday, November 16th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Afriquedeluxe vs. Maxveritech battle in here.

T

tiny j

afrique this is the only beat that made my head bounce. and i think that is, in the end, what a good beat should do. N1ce

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
listenin to afriques...ill piano, bass is nice, drums are aiite, seem a little bit thin, damm those strings are incredible, and those string hits, damn...this shit is hot, just thicken up those drums cos they are mad thin, love the atmopshere given off

listenin to maxs....melody is tight, crazy melody, voices are nice, waitin for the drums to drop....ewww, these drums are horrible, completely ruins the mood, way too strong for this melody and vibe u givin off..

nice battlr

vote-afrique

ill o.g.
afrique's is big and deep it switches up. I love it.

max, the drums dont fit very good with the beat. But the beat was good until the drums

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Afriquedeluxe - Head bouncer man... I'm feelin that track.

Maxveritech - Drums are hot. Recognize the sample, but you used it differently. I wouldn't mind hearing this track in a nice sound system. Shit would thump.

Cleverwon ProdukshunZ vote - Maxveritech

P

petediddy

i cant vote for these beats...

both dont really do it for me... i would be lying to say one is better...

Afrique - you're indeed tryin' to hard on this one... i would like to hear more though, will peep your soundclick pape to give you more of what i think...

Max- the rhodes sample had me for a sec... is that you on the keys or is that a Bob James sample? Anyway i has there until the drums came in, they are over compressed and dont match, nor does your bassline. I think it a matter of mixing and rythme. The track can still be saved...

it's all love when it comes to critiquin'!:D

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i thought boith beats were nice..

afrique - felin the mood... and the enrgy of the beat.

max - i like the mood but i kinda lost interest in the beat... dont get me wrong its hot i just thought afriques beat aroused the emotins a lil bit mo

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
afrique: very nice & well put together. i like!

maxveritech: took too long to drop the beat but i`m feeling it.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
am finishin sumtin off on ma 5string acoustic guitar(dnt ask wat happened to da 6th, lol) i shud hav it ready soon but i jus dnt kno whether i shud switch da beats or not if im 2 go thru 2 da nxt roun.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
afrique, if you have any filler beats, then i'd recommend you to switch.
but if not, save the best beats for various cds and compilations.
don't waste heat on a battle.
keep on the great job guys!
this battle was interesting.
both beats are off the hook.

J

JBE

afrique - i was really feeling pretty much everything except for the sounds that were used (especially for the piano and bass). it sounded a little too sterile for my personal taste. and the vocal sample got on my nerves after a while. still pretty fucking good.

maveritech - i guess i'm one of the only people here who thought the drums worked with the rest of the track really fucking well. hypnotic as hell, was really feeling the loops. had a dope overall atmosphere.

vote- maveritech

M

maxveritech

mad beat afrique!

hey afrique, yikes, talk about a hard battle up front! but yeah mate, you came with a nice beat bud - a bit different to my style, but it definately had me getting into it off the bat.. good luck mate if you end up coming out on top!

cheers to everyone for the criticism and comments, all appreciated!

P

peripheral

Afriquedeluxe: I like 99% of your joints..this one included. Although, I don't think it's your best...It's still hot.

Maxveritech: I gotta agree with petediddiy on this one....the Rhodes had me..until the drums hit.

My nod goes to Afriquedeluxe.

This one is close!!

"Explore Ideas Beyond the Periphery"

M

maxveritech

congratulations afrique deluxe!

well done mate on a close battle (although on my computer it looks like i'm up by one vote? but i guess all the moderators votes must have been for afrique?)! good luck in the finals bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online