Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
if it was a 45 second beat battle, i would put a 45 sec beat on that built up in 45 seconds....:nah:

I've done alotta Beat Battles. And if i had 45 seconds, i wouldnt use this beat. I have a good 4 minutes in THIS BATTLE. How u gonna knock me cuz i took advantage of my time and showed actual song structure.

come on, I had to speak on that. If we gonna switch votes n' shit off peoples reasons for voting, this should also be one.

like everyone here says...neither beat was anything to write home about. But as far as structure...101 you had that hands down. but it wasnt hot!!!! it was dope. Da illfellaz beat didn't have any structure but started out hot and got monotonous after about 60 sec. So I'ma call this a draw in SKIDS BOOK. But I REALLY cant call it 101...maybe i should have kept my vote for you the same but when I placed my vote the first time I had an mc in mind and your track was better as far as a song structured type of project...not for battleing. If I'm a spend money...I'm heading in your direction...if I'ma win QUICK money I'm going with the illfellaz. We still crib right?...NC ALL DAY AND WHATNOT.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
maybe i should have kept my vote for you the same but when I placed my vote the first time I had an mc in mind and your track was better as far as a song structured type of project...not for battleing.

But u gotta understand this a Beat Battle, but we are not looking for the best "battle beat". We are looking for the overall "best beat". That means song structure is important, melody, mixing, originality, Head nod factor, does the song strike emotion, is it different, and overall hottness. Regardless of what type of music it is, whether its south, eastcoast, synth, samples, pop, or whateva.

Certain things just struck me the wrong way during these battles. Like when i was battling Hardboiled, kats was knockin' me cuz my beat was "unrappable". Im gettin' emails like "is your joint a remix?". But i stuck by my shit, cuz who said my joint was made for emcees, its an instrumental...? But Illfellaz drops a beat with alotta vocals, abuncha kats come in here and save the beats credibility. Like im sure alota kats knocked Hardboiled cuz his joint wasnt standard hiphop, and your not supposed to cuz we looking for the best beat in general. Like the whole 'time' issue, the 45+ second build up is intentional. Its supposed to start low, and rise to pure guttaness. Your supposed to listen to the whole 2 minutes to view the whole portrait im trying to paint. Im not makin' beats, Im makin' music, man.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
But u gotta understand this a Beat Battle, but we are not looking for the best "battle beat". We are looking for the overall "best beat". That means song structure is important, melody, mixing, originality, Head nod factor, does the song strike emotion, is it different, and overall hottness. Regardless of what type of music it is, whether its south, eastcoast, synth, samples, pop, or whateva.

Certain things just struck me the wrong way during these battles. Like when i was battling Hardboiled, kats was knockin' me cuz my beat was "unrappable". Im gettin' emails like "is your joint a remix?". But i stuck by my shit, cuz who said my joint was made for emcees, its an instrumental...? But Illfellaz drops a beat with alotta vocals, abuncha kats come in here and save the beats credibility. Like im sure alota kats knocked Hardboiled cuz his joint wasnt standard hiphop, and your not supposed to cuz we looking for the best beat in general. Like the whole 'time' issue, the 45+ second build up is intentional. Its supposed to start low, and rise to pure guttaness. Your supposed to listen to the whole 2 minutes to view the whole portrait im trying to paint. Im not makin' beats, Im makin' music, man.
Very well said.

How long does the voting last?
Until around 8PM ET. It might go a little longer, depends on how close the votes are (I started the poll late this morning).

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
That means song structure is important, melody, mixing, originality, Head nod factor, does the song strike emotion, is it different, and overall hottness. Regardless of what type of music it is, whether its south, eastcoast, synth, samples, pop, or whateva.

ARE THESE THE GUIDELINES TO JUDGEING THE BEAT BATTLE...IF SO YOU MIGHT HAVE A POINT. BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF WHEN I'M MAKING A BEAT.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
o.k.... I been listening and listening and listening....lol....

here is how I break it down.... on a 1 to 5 scale. Going by the guidlines Beatz put out...

Illfellaz - Beatz

structure 3 - 4

melody- 4 - 4

mixing- 4 - 3

originality- 2 - 2

headnod factor 4 - 3

emotion- 3 - 3

overall hottness- 2 - 2
-------------------------------------------------
22/35 - 21/35

this was so neck and neck, and what made it worse was I wasn't feeling the overall work of either track.
Illfellaz- I really really liked how this one jumped off in the intro, but somewhere in there it just lost that feel...
Beatz- This track sounded like it was builing up to something, but never reached it....the bellz you threw in kinda killed the vibe of the beat...IMO.
props to both of you for making it this far into the comp, but I'm going with Illfellaz but just barely.....

TrackKingCole

ill o.g.
Sup To My Homies ASH HOLMZ(Brooklyn All Day) And LIM DRAMA BOI(A-Town)... Now To My Opinion On The Beat Battle Final...

DA ILLFellaz: I Love The Sample You Chose... I Also Love How You Closed The Gaps In The Sample Chops, So Knowbody Would Recognize There Are Gaps There... But As LOCZ Stated Above There Is No Room For The Mc To Do His Thing... Also The Drums On This Track Are Out Of Place....(Me Personally I Would Have Used Different Drums) With The Drums All Over The Place, It Leave The Track Messy...

Beatz101: I Saw Where You Was Trying To Go With This Track, But You Came Up Just A Little Short.... Im Not A Big Fan Of South HipHop, So I Wont Spend To Much Time Here... But The Track Is Defintely Missing Something... I Think You Can Go Back To The Table With This, And Make It A Banger.... (Atleast You Did Leave Room For The Artist To Do His Thing)

Conclusion: I Didnt Like Neither Track Because They Were Both Messy, But I Give The Nod To DA ILLFELLAZ, Based On The Sample He Chose To Use....

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
good shit beatz

i was a lil worried for a minute when we started cause i knew u was coming wit some shit. i actually feel the SHIT out of your track. that shit is grimey as hell fo real. i can see big things on dat shit from someone in G Unit or somebody. those the types of tracks weve been makin lately. i see you doing your thing though. dats wasup.

n to everyone else, this battle wasnt dat serious. its based on who got the HOTTEST BEAT regardless of length, sample/no sample, vocals, etc. IF THE SHIT IS HOT, THE SHIT IS HOT!!!! i dont mind if kids aint feeling our music. they entitled to they opinion. shit, it goes both ways, i might not be feelin they music either.

n jus to throw it out there, no one is getting placements/signed off of an online beat battle. good look to all the cats that voted for us. much appreciated.

p.s. - all those beats are like 3 yrs old. we couda went sample free the whole way but i know cats on this site pheen for flips. and oh yeah, producergyal, u need to sign up next time. we got something for u too.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
good shit beatz

i was a lil worried for a minute when we started cause i knew u was coming wit some shit. i actually feel the SHIT out of your track. that shit is grimey as hell fo real. i can see big things on dat shit from someone in G Unit or somebody. those the types of tracks weve been makin lately. i see you doing your thing though. dats wasup.

n to everyone else, this battle wasnt dat serious. its based on who got the HOTTEST BEAT regardless of length, sample/no sample, vocals, etc. IF THE SHIT IS HOT, THE SHIT IS HOT!!!! i dont mind if kids aint feeling our music. they entitled to they opinion. shit, it goes both ways, i might not be feelin they music either.

n jus to throw it out there, no one is getting placements/signed off of an online beat battle. good look to all the cats that voted for us. much appreciated.

p.s. - all those beats are like 3 yrs old. we couda went sample free the whole way but i know cats on this site pheen for flips. and oh yeah, producergyal, u need to sign up next time. we got something for u too.

I feel ya its all good. Congrats on the win. The best i can do is keep my head up n' make more music. I aint gonna lie im pissed at myself cuz i shoulda stuck to the plan, but 2nd place isn't bad for your first battle that! competition. Im just gonna learn from this experience and get stronger.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
yall just lucky i didnt enter this year:nah:

nah j/k

props to both of you dudes!

Status
Not open for further replies.