Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battle-that/battles/

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss this battle in here.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Interesting battle...

I had extremely high expectations for the finals.

With that said... OnQ edges out by the extremely slimmest of margins.

M

musix

Both Beats are pretty good, but i think OnQ is at the better hand with this jungle style effect very interesting track

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Damn Dac Im glad I didnt enter now LOL...

OnQ - this was dope, did someone on ill use this sample for a beat this sometime ago?

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
OnQ - this was dope, did someone on ill use this sample for a beat this sometime ago?

Yeah, I entered a slightly different version of this beat in a Beat This! a while ago. Went and changed a few things up for this comp.

Dac you really brought it this time man! That beat is so ill. Love the scratches as always. Looks like this one is going to come right down to the end, as it should.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
For PG and mercury waters to come out is really an honor to me. We go waaaaay back and both of them are my hero's as well as all of you who voted. Q and I are good friends and he is definitely a dope producer, I told him that from day one. This is my first Battle That I've entered and hopefully it won't be my last so win or lose, I'm glad that I made it this far. I know for a fact that a lot of heart was put into each beat entered in this competition so props to everybody who was in it as well.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! It ain't over yet so don't think for a minute that I admitting defeat...lol. I'm more happy that Q and I both showed up with some fire.

dac

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah, Dac...Can't front dude...you're a beast....Definitely have your niche down pretty good...and it shows...Win or lose, I'll see you next year!!!

Q, out of nowhere...you always had nice tracks...My pick to win was Scandal or CJ.....Thanks for the surprise, maybe I just slept on yall a little...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I think Dac had a better mix, which I think edges him out here.

*I listened to each atleast 3 times on 3 diff speakers/monitors btw. Through out the day.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Congrats Q! You got the BIG ONE! This has been a tough battle from Round 2, I feel blessed to have made it this far. Thanks goes out to Fade also for putting together such a dope contest, even while sick.

DOX - Thanks for the props, I've recently started doing a lot of testing. I've tried Waves, GoldWave, iZotope and I'm currently working with Adobe Audition to make my sound better. So far Audition is looking real promising. "I Dare You" was finalized with Waves C1 comp-gate. My next beat will be done in Audition though.

Oz - I want to see you in the next one, your time is coming.

Sucio - Thanks again, you're a beast as well and everybody knows it. As far as next year goes, I'll be waiting for you no doubt.

mitenberg - Thanks a lot!

Quality - you're a young beast, I predict many B's in your future. Cats are gonna hate on you for real....lol

I'm kinda glad this is over so we can get back to business. Its been fun, peace y'all!

dac

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
Dac, thanks homie, congrats to you as well. Your cuts on I Dare You had me quakin in my boots. I can't believe I won this, especially after deciding to enter last minute, I'm glad as hell that you convinced me to!

I owe you for this, I've learned alot of stuff from you and your beats over the past year, so thanks man.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Congrats Q! You earned it, and a nice story to boot! haha. Dac, Sometimes I think your steller mixes overshadow the rest of your beats lol!

Nice work everybody who entered, its double nice to know who's been holding back Muhahahaha!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah I'm thinking the same... ofcourse I'd like to have the best of both worlds...lol...but one of my plans in 2011 was to cut back on the scratches. I mean do less, and/or cut back on the volume. This year I had the scratches out front, now I'm gonna try making them more background and less a "in your face feature" of my beats. I even thought about throwing a little go-go flavor in some of them but I don't think cats are ready for that yet. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online