November 24-28, 2004 - FINALS ROUND 4: FrictionBeats vs. ProducerGyal

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better overall beat?

• FrictionBeats

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • ProducerGyal

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Saturday, November 27th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the FrictionBeats vs. ProducerGyal battle in here.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
friction - good beat reminds me of sumthing of an old tupac album ! west coast style !

pgyal - sssssssssshhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiittttttttt ! this is good that bassline owon it for me ! dope !

im voting for pgyal !

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Dam this was tuff.

I was really into both. I almost flipped a quarter but that wouldnt be fair,,lol. Okay, I went with PG. I feel this was the better beat. Plus, I'm a sucka for classical strings n such!

But Friction is no joke and its good to have him on ILLMUZIK

I gotta say too that mad new cats were on this battle and that they came wit it. Props to yall too. This year was doipe and nobody got battles like this.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
dayum!! both of the tracks is so hot!!! i gota go with friction on this one though, hot keyboard beat, i really like that custom vocal thing in there. producergyals beat was definately on point too, very nice strong mix

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
finally

Oh man its been a long 4 days....Pyal ...what can i say? smart move on bringing your first battle beat...I had like an hour 1/2 to put something together....but I had to reprsent the westcoast & my talkbox....

I had fun.....all the times wanting to joint the beat this competition..this paid off for me...cause it was like 4 in one.

Props to everyone!!

Word up Fade, we'll do it again!!

Peace out!

-FRICTION

D

don vito

Friction gets my vote here. He brought that west coast flavor to this shit which I aint seen yet. Definately original as FUCK. Pgyal's beat was definately fire too, but that talkbox shit got me hooked.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo friction that shit was ill man!! that talkbox shit was crazy. nice.. shite... pgyal ur shit was dope as u already know... ill bass .. i like that sythny drop sound .. very dope.. pygals beat has got that instant headbobabilty ... but the friction beats progression is crazy... i gotta go with friction here for the creativeness.. and im just feelin the mood of his shit.. thetalkbox is ILLLLLL

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
pgyal gets my vote. that beat is just so fuckin smooth. no two ways about it. everythin in that beat, and there's a lot going on, but all of it just flows together perfectly. friction, for an hour and a half of work that's some good shit. but since time wasn't one of the parameters, i think gyal's beat takes this one.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
gooot to give this to friction.... this is just sick... period... the last two friction beats are nice... p gyal had a great beat as well, obviously... tough one, i'd have to say friction had the bette rbeat though.

great work, both of you.

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
I missed the whole battle, I was away for thanksgiving and didnt have internet access. Dang, ya'll both went hard on this final round. This is a hard decision. I'm going to have to go with friction even though he whooped me the first round. lol. Ya'll both got some tight beats though.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
For me it was the high points: the talkbox or the strings......

Both beats were real good entries......THose strings tho.......But on the other hand, that talkboxin was some classic ish man......Awsome work both of you!:)

STEEZ

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
Both beats were hot

Frictions beat took me since the beginning with the talkbox and that synthy melody , then he came in with the drums and a couple more synths and thta bell shit was nice

Producer Gal: At first i didnt know where u were going with the beat and then u dropped all those sick sounds and constantly changed it up a little def hot.

It was a close one but Friction's beat just did it for me bot pgal i almost gave it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online