November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 1: Stresswon vs. Ominous

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Stresswon

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Ominous

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Stresswon vs. Ominous battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dam stress. thats a straight banger right there. sick drum prog. not much negative i can say about it.

Ominous u def got a diff sound going on with this joint. cool $hit. i wouldve liked to see more variation with the string samp tho.

i think both tracks are tight but stress'sjoint hits u in the face more. leaves a bigger impression

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
VAKSEEN said:
dam stress. thats a straight banger right there. sick drum prog. not much negative i can say about it.

Ominous u def got a diff sound going on with this joint. cool $hit. i wouldve liked to see more variation with the string samp tho.

i think both tracks are tight but stress'sjoint hits u in the face more. leaves a bigger impression

Thanks man, thats what I was goin for...I wanted to be noticed,,lol.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Stresswon
I hate the original song, it's just annoying. Your drums match the sample pretty good, I just hate that sample! LOL. Also, a lack of bassline.....

Ominous
Very good track. I have only 2 things to complain about. The strings sample should have blended into the next bar instead of just cutting off like that. And it seemed too repetitive. But it still sounds dope!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
stress - this woz on sum different type shit, when i heard the vocal i woz like wtf, then the beat got going, im really not sure on this one even after listening to it a few times ! ? i liked the grrove it had when the beat woz going but i couldnt really get into as it kept stopping and starting ! it was definately well put together tho and the sounds meshed pretty well !

ominous - i like this beat the sample you used is cool and the drums fit pretty well but they just seem to loop too, the vocal samples fit to they give it that kind of premo NY feel, but it definately could do with just a change-up now and then !

Overall im going to have to give this one to stress as even tho i couldnt get into his beat i felt it woz well produced, experimental and everything fitted well together, i liked the sample ominous used but it just felt too much like a loop it could have done with the odd melody change-up and sum drum change-ups throughout !

ill o.g.
Ominous-
-Thats beat is tight. I dont think this is right for a competition though. I know if you get somebody to spit on it, it will be a good track altogether. Its just that its different when you listen to an instrumental, it gets boring if its a 4bar loop.

Stress-
-I love this shit. Funkyand grimy. The radio signal is dope, and it fits into the whole shit. The main shit that really gave it to you are that tone that drops lower and lower then repeats. That shit is crazy. I love this beat. Almost simple, but its original.

Stress gets my vote.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
helix said:
Ominous-
-Thats beat is tight. I dont think this is right for a competition though. I know if you get somebody to spit on it, it will be a good track altogether. Its just that its different when you listen to an instrumental, it gets boring if its a 4bar loop.

i kind of agree, but as a producer as an emcee i just look for a hot beat. i think this beat is dope regardless, and i def pitcture myself or some other emcee ryhmin over it

A

ACEBEATZ

Stress : Pros : Nice use of the sample, beat sound clear, with that nice vynil touch.

Cons : Beat is nice at first, then get a little annoying after a while.

Ominous : Pros : Tight loop, rhyme poppin soon you listen to it, rebellion kinda beat for hype flow MC's...

Cons : Always the same loop, and the beat sound muddy and unclear, lacking punch...

Verdict : Still being one loop, Ominous got my point here, cuz that loop is addictive. Track could always be mastered cuz the headroom isn't loaded at all.

My choice is - Ominous - ...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i got to go stress here..... moinous, solid tyrack, stress just brought out more of a complete track, and was overall better to me.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
When I heard the intro sample I was like "Booooo". Then I heard the flip and I was like "Awww man, I just lost 10 bucks". When I saw the match-ups I knew there was a huge possibility that I might not make it to the second round.

</b> Really nice work Stress.</b> I liked how the beat paused after the chorus and the beat dropped back in full force. Hype song.

I knew a big trend was gonna be flipping weird samples. I think you get a big impact like that. There were a couple of serious flips on this competition. I think it was Clever with that Muppets flip and Jclay flipped that Heman joint. I was gonna try to go the same route and I flipped some Conan samples. I have 3 other beats that I was gonna use if I made it that far. When the voting is done on this thread....I'll post them up for those that was feeling my sh*t.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Ominous said:
When I heard the intro sample I was like "Booooo". Then I heard the flip and I was like "Awww man, I just lost 10 bucks". When I saw the match-ups I knew there was a huge possibility that I might not make it to the second round.

</b> Really nice work Stress.</b> I liked how the beat paused after the chorus and the beat dropped back in full force. Hype song.

I knew a big trend was gonna be flipping weird samples. I think you get a big impact like that. There were a couple of serious flips on this competition. I think it was Clever with that Muppets flip and Jclay flipped that Heman joint. I was gonna try to go the same route and I flipped some Conan samples. I have 3 other beats that I was gonna use if I made it that far. When the voting is done on this thread....I'll post them up for those that was feeling my sh*t.

Yo, when I heard I was goin up againsta ya,,,i was mad nervous, THEN I heard ya joint and was like,,,,,,"Even though Om's my competition,,,why am I bobbinn my head!?!" lol. Nice work man. This track is sick as hell! I definitly wanna hear the rest ya got.

Yo thanks for the props yall!

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
both dope shit...

had to give it to ominous strictly based on the sound of it. it was more head noddin to me... i could listen to this a while even if it dont change up... bangin son.. big up on the odb hook too

but stress definately a good creative take on that sample fo sho...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Om!! - U had a sick 4-bar phrase that repeated and then it stayed the same!....I was dyin to hear the music start to build onto the phrase more, but that shit was still dope, jus not enough building up climactically.....(honest opinion tho - that shit is hot and has mad potential....)

Stress....real grimey dog!.....I love tha tranny's....

STEEZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online