November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 2: FrictionBeats vs. WorldCityCEO

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• FrictionBeats

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • WorldCityCEO

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the FrictionBeats vs. WorldCityCEO battle in here.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i had to go with friction beats, i was really diggin that shit, even tho the mellow beats dont usually go down well in a battle, i had to go for this one, sounded real nice.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
man i love!!!!! that bone thugs sample, friction added his own flavour to it well too. worldcityceo i really like those congos and the change ups you got going on in there, i gota go with friction on this one though.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmm world city to me showed far more creativity- not that friction didnt have a nice track, i just feel like this world track is a better overall track. more creativity, change ups, etc., i can see mos def rockin this one to pieces..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
World....I could see the the fuckin Grouch even rippin this one bro.....Its got that LivingLegends twang to it, jus slightly......Dope changes, and the panning delays were a nice touch too.

Fric........I really liked yer beat too....this one was fucking tough.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I wanted to pick Ceo but at the end of the beat shit started sounding off beat. So i picked FrictionBeatz. Friction, good work on the sample but please change that snare.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn...Friction got me wanting to call my ex-girlfriend and say I'm sorry for cheatin on her with her aunt...::shake:: AHHHHH!

Very nice Friction. That was some pretty stuff right thur. I'm frickin lickin my lips to it like I'm LL..winkin at chicks passing by outside my window...shyt..and it's raining...::looking for towel::

World...your track has potential. I thought the drums were alittle too weak for the tom rolls and excitement the rest of the sounds bring to it. It's a weird ass track, but it works.

My vote goes to Friction, eventhough I think I'll get my face sliced by a very angry Colombian girl today...thanx bud.

Congratulations

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
friction - nice sample, good mellow vibe, i dunno felt maybe you could have done a bit more with the sample, and i woznt too big on the drums either ! but its one of those tracks that still cant hate on !

worldcity - i liked ur beat in the first round but felt it sounded a bit weak instrument wise and i think this suffers the same way you've got sum good ideas melody wise etc but think you need to work on your sounds, if you improved the sounds you used you could be a contender for winning this thing !

but im afraid im gonna have go with friction on this one simpler construction maybe but overall dopeness it wins on !

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MarkN said:
worldcity - i liked ur beat in the first round but felt it sounded a bit weak instrument wise and i think this suffers the same way you've got sum good ideas melody wise etc but think you need to work on your sounds, if you improved the sounds you used you could be a contender for winning this thing !

My thoughts exactly. no excuses but....as soon as I work with more than just FL Studio and Audio grabber (to rip CDs) I'll kill any competition..lol thanks guys for the feedback

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
World...kill any competition?? Whoaaaa cowboy...lol. Let's not get too happy here...LOL. Can we say that perhaps you'll 'sound better?' Yeh...I think that's a more appropriate statement...

Great work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.