November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 2: MoxOfBlazin vs. Cold Truth

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• MoxOfBlazin

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Cold Truth

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Thursday, November 25th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the MoxOfBlazin vs. Cold Truth battle in here.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
This was an easy one....Good originality, thruth. Reminded of an MOP track from a while back, but was true to mixed in well with your style and your approach to the drums.

Every sample yells for its own specefic drum pattern; you gave it what it needs.

Mox, props on the sample and drum selection, i think the drum pattern could've been tweaked a tad more, but I probably couldn't have done it better myself.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
mox, nice work on the sample, i thought truth came harder though, i thought it was an overall better beat....truth got my vote.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
mox shit is tight but i kept waiting for the snare to come in.. i like the snaps but i really felt it just needed a snare to come in for the main part...

truth got my vote

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
worldcityceo said:
This was an easy one....Good originality, thruth. Reminded of an MOP track from a while back, but was true to mixed in well with your style and your approach to the drums.

Every sample yells for its own specefic drum pattern; you gave it what it needs.

Mox, props on the sample and drum selection, i think the drum pattern could've been tweaked a tad more, but I probably couldn't have done it better myself.

haha thanks, although i played all of those parts! no samples for me, thank you!

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can always appreciate original music when it's played out on the keys 'well'. I think Cold came through with it. Eventhough there's a 'bad' bass note in there and the beat can become monotonous, I still dug it.

Mox's track and his use of the sample was so purdy...BUT..then nothing happened with the drum programming. I was left waiting for moreeeee. This beat has SOOOO MUCH potential. Great begining. But I expected to hear the beat come in smackin! And then, 'nada'...'ziltch'...nothing! EVERYTHING is there already...put in a snare combined with a dirty clap..play out the bassline if you can..filter it..and you got yourself a sick track. The ending wit the studdering hits is cool, maybe for 8 bars..then get out of there. Again, the beat is under produced. Don't let this track go to waste. Fix it up. This might sound cheezy, BUT..the production on JLO's album 'This is me then' is a great reference to the mix and sound of throwback joints. Peep dat Mox.

I'll go wit Cold as Ice.

Congratulations

-I'M RICH BITCH...no, really, I am. :-x

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
SuPa'PrOduZa said:
But I expected to hear the beat come in smackin! And then, 'nada'...'ziltch'...nothing! EVERYTHING is there already...put in a snare combined with a dirty clap..play out the bassline if you can..filter it..and you got yourself a sick track. The ending wit the studdering hits is cool, maybe for 8 bars..then get out of there. Again, the beat is under produced. Don't let this track go to waste. Fix it up. This might sound cheezy, BUT..the production on JLO's album 'This is me then' is a great reference to the mix and sound of throwback joints. Peep dat Mox.-I'M RICH BITCH...no, really, I am. :-x

Same thing i was thinking. Mox's use of that sample had me waiting for some ill drums. at least a hard hittin snare. i love the kanye congo roll but the snare wasnt working, besides that great work.

But 5 seconds into his beat i knew who i had to pick. Truth.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
mox - this beat is good you got sum good stuff but like has been said i think a diff snare maybe a kanye style clap but this could be a chart hit with the right vocalist on it no doubt !
cold - ahha this is more like it bit of a banger ! this is probably the best beat ive heard from you so far you got my vote !

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ayo Cold that shit is tough. REal hard beat. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online