November 24-28, 2004 - USA ROUND 3: Classic vs. Cold Truth vs. FrictionBeats

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat? (choose only 1)

• Classic

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cold Truth

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • FrictionBeats

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Friday, November 26th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Classic vs. Cold Truth vs. FrictionBeats battle in here.

Hectic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Like the other side, all of these beats were hot. Classic always brings heat and so does Cold Truth. I haven't really heard much from Friction Beats in the past but this beat here was a different vibe altogether. Real tight sounding and I especially liked the spoken section at the start. Overall, I picked Cold Truth as the best one because the beat was really well produced and the arrangement was top notch. Good work by everyone though.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Everybody has hot shit, my professional opinion and pick was Frictionbeats, better mixdown, very nice instruments, sound quality is good, that guitar was singing.

Not to say that classic or Cold didn't have any dope shit but Frictionbeats had a little bit better mixdown with the instruments he used. Much respect to all the DOPE BEAT MAKERS! Good luck.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
friction, nice man, this is hot. very nice. nice variation of sounds here. hmmm, that one sound is kinda out of place, but it only lasts for like, 2 measures so no biggie. a job well done, very nice. i like this, cuz i can just picture someone rolling on it so well.

cold, very nice piano. hmmm, i'm not a real fan of that brass sound you used. the bell is a nice touch. also a good beat.

class, nice fuckin beat. i like this. only thing i don't like is those toms again. they are just so ordinary going in 4's. i would mix it up a little. make it a little more interesting. but i really like everything else you've done with it.

this is a toughy. fuck. i think i might have to go with friction on this one. i dunno, i'm just really feelin that beat right now.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Man even though I couldn't make this joint here goes my 2 cents...Cold and Classic both Neck and Neck, I liked the Friction Joint too but as far as Hard beats, I like Cold's beat only lil better than Classic's beat, Cold Truth's beat talked to me man...ya know what I mean? nice swinging hip hop joint, it had the feel to it I like I think some of the sounds could have been different but overall Cold took tha joint Classic the margin between both of these beats to me was about 2%....Friction I like that beat but not to compete against the other two....nice production though....

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
damn, this was really really tough, its taken me ages to decide on a vote for this, but i think ima have to go with truth, i loved frictions beat, very well produced but truths edged it for me, i thought overall it was just more dope. class really came thru aswell, that beat was damn hot, its just nothin in it really stood out to me that much like the other two. but for real every beat was dope as hell. but truth got it for me.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
damn, i underestimated friction... i was not expecting this to be "bad", i just didnt expect it to be this good.

great job.... still close, we got three hours to go and it looks like this could go either way...

Cheo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Friction you got this homie

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
ATTENTION:

Please remember to vote for the BEST overall beat. Do not vote for someone because you think the beat sounds more like a 'battle' beat. The question asked in the Poll is 'Who has the better beat?'.

So please everyone vote according to the question.

Thanks.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
cot dayumn, this is bad. i got n hour and 15 minutes left to pull this one out.

great job, friction.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
friction - i'll be honest at the start of the comp i didn't have you down on my list to win, man i barely heard you beats i dont think, but u've put yourself on the map with every beat you've put up so god job ! this is another dope beat !
classic - good work on this on, you seem to be consitent on every track you put out !
cold - i wozn't sure at first, im not too keen on the string/trumpet sound that you got sounded a bit midi to m BUT the overal structure and composition of the beat won it for me you got this one !

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
USA REPRESENT!!!! E'hem...pardon.

Ok..so, I heard all 3 beatmakers. Very nice work guys. Congrats on gettin this far also.

First up, Classic. Hmm. Beat was hittin hard Homie. I can never get enuf of that 'Heatmakerz' Tom Roll. Nice. I suspect you played them thangs out huh? [instruments that is]. I can really appreciate that since I'm a musician myself.

Another Musician, Coldtruth. Beat hittin hard also like Classics. I lovedddd your begining and said..'OH OH'..but then...you got happy on me! I would of loved to keep hearing you trigger your playing the way you did in the begining and towards the end. That would of been HOTTER. But, I'da opt for the Atonal, Minor..or Trig approach. Hot track, minus the Major Scale playing.

Next up, Friction. The beat was not hittin as hard as the other 2 gentlemen. But I was lovin the 'Dub' feel of it [just the way the guitar sounded]. The track had a nice 'pull' to it. Nice Bassline. You could never go wrong wit Marcato Stabs. Good job.

Well, I'll go with Friction's beat because of the way it made me feel. It made me sip on a coconut filled wit hypnotic then slap the :-x that made it for me incorrectly..then, take her to my living room to dance.

Good job fellas.

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
Classic, got into this man, real good feel and the way it kicked was heavy, there my kinda drums, great work bro!

Cold man, the drums are real cool, liked the change up. Also the high keys at about 120 sorted me out, really nice construction man with lots of well worked drop ins, well done!

Firction, this was heavy too man. Ive been liking your stuff the whole way man, another nice beat! Well done.

Man, this is as hard as it is on the other side of the blue square........

Going with Classic on this one but it took me 3 listens to do it, well done to all ya'll and good luck!

Peace Fam,

P

Status
Not open for further replies.