November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Hectic vs. Architect

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Hectic

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Architect

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Hectic vs. Architect battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Hectic
You always have good beats, but I find this one is too messy. Sounds all over the place, with the same thing looping over and over.

Architect
I'm feeling the whole vibe on this track, but the double snare sounds a bit out of place. Well put together though.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i woz feeling both tracks tbh, but i think arcitech just got this one the production on his track is really crisp and clean sounding which i liked ! Hectics beat woz kewl too imo , sounds like sum fatboy slim type stuff with the big beat type drums but i just felt it woznt clean enuff produced and it sounded a bit messy like fade said !

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Thanks peeps, Stress you got some heat too I just finished listening to all the other beats on the battle! Yeah Fade I was feeling those drums at the time I made that joint, It's actually a double thump and snare drum but it does sound a little deceiving, I heed your feedback.

Hectic
In my opinion the mixdown on your track just needs some work that's why it's sounding a little cluttered, because you chose good instruments and I know you know music (you're a DJ) but work on the mix. From some of the tracks I heard at the competition the drums are the instrument that (in my humble opinion) most people need to work a little but more on including myself. Everybody is dropping good melodies and harmonys, effects, etc but work on those drums because they carry a Hip-Hop mix.

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
both tracks were def on point but i think architects joint was harder. had a real dirty feel. def feeling the drums. i think architect was right about tightening the mix but i still think hectics joint was tight.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Architect killed that shit!!!!! Yo, that beat is dope as fuck.

ill o.g.
Hectic-
-You threw that creative shit you got into this. It sounds like a party about to go crazy.

Arctec-
-Bass is dope. Drums are on point. This high pitch is unique. Quiet strings in the back are nice.

sorry hectic. i gotta give this one to arcitect

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hectic--- nice crazy sound to it, i wish it had more of a build up tho. overall good work with the samples, i think it just gets a bit muddy in parts.

arch--- real nice beat, simple and hard hitting, def gets the head nodding, nice work. i like when the piano drops out and we can hear more of the strings in the back, nice work.

A

ACEBEATZ

Hectic : Pros : Nice complex sequenced beat. Nice drum breaks really.

Cons : Where's the bass?

Architect : Pros : Good drums on this one and nice little piano riff.

Cons : Harrasin little sound like a bird should be erased.

Verdict : Gotta go on this one with...

My choice is - ARCHITECT - ...

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I know what sound your referring to Acebeatz, haha it does sound like a little bird although very suttle. I don't think it messed up the beat overall but I just put that in for a little depth and effect to the track. Hard but grooving simple to the point that's what my aim was. By the way producer Gyal that beat you put up is one of my favorites so far in the competition.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Architect's beat made me sad like I just phuct somebody up. I like the little high pitched noises in the beat and how the piano came in and out.

Hectic's beat made me feel like phukn somebody up. Got me more hype. I liked that sample. You dropped that percussion hard on the "ones". Your pecussion work was sick. I want to get at you on the beat. I think I can spit an ill flow to that.

I went with Hectic.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hectic ; The mix is messy, synths could be louder. It has more of chemicalbeat smell to it, but then again this is Europe hehe. It's a bit repetitive though.

Architect ; I've used that break too, but I sliced it beyond recognition. I also hear some old skool vocal chords, rave stuff.Also too much reverb and the composition too repetitive.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I agree formant the mixdown on that track wasn't my favorite, to be honest with you that's an old track but I felt it may do some good here because I had a hard time figuring out what track I wanted to use (I got plenty). I also agree it's a bit repetitive (due to the mixdown again). I had no vocals in there kid so I can't comment on that, and reverb I had none but possibly due to the mp3 compression it did something nasty to my shit in my opinion. I switched up in round two and used a different encoder (lame). You got to realize all these joints get encode tp mp3 twice double hammer, thats one thing I hope changes in the future. I don't mind paying extra to get to quality I need. But all in all the audience gets the picture that's the main point. I'm having a lot of fun.

Hectic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanks to those who dropped feedback on my beat. Special thanks to those who were feeling it. In my opinion, the mix only sounds messy and cluttered when compressed into MP3 format and, since listening to what all of you have said about it, I listened to the beat a couple of times over my home monitors and it sounds fine to me. But I suppose that's beside the point. I was feeling Architect's beat. But I'm not gonna start critiquing it because that's not the right thing to do. Good luck to him for the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.