November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Holmzini vs. MarkN

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Holmzini

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • MarkN

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Holmzini vs. MarkN battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
StressWon said:
I like dboth tracks alot, but Ash got this one. Mark, this is an older track? Or did ya get ya PC up?

Nice battle folks,,,

Nah didnt get my stuff back, i managed to dig sumthing out the crate very late last night/ early this morning and put sumthing together for this tournament ! had to take everything straight off vinyl as i still don't have any sounds on my pc !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Holmzini
BEAUTIFUL. What I really like is the low-end. The bass matches that kick so well, and having the music match that sound range makes this track extra dope!

MarkN
Besides making the biggest comeback in beatmaking history LOL, it's a very nice track, although the drums seemed weak. Good use of all the instruments though, even the sped up vocal sample (not my style, but you did it well).

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dope mellow joint mark. not that big on pitched voc samps but it was still cool.

this is some smmoth $hit too Holmzini. very dope. i cant really say anything negative. good work.

battle of the smooth $hit right here. i think i gotta go with Holmzini cause of how rich everything sounds.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
ah the mary jane drums mark... haha... na both are dope... i'm actually gonna go with Mark... i think holmizni's drums were better but i liked mark's sample... good shit both of you tho..

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
man both of these beats are real nice! man, mark i felt those drums didnt quite do the sample justice, as for holmz everything seemed on point. nice work both you, goodluck

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
dizzaaaaaaam. both these beats are the shiz. mark, now i am real curious to know what you had for us before your comp freaked. holy shit, this is hard. the beats are even of similar mood and shit.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Both these shits is hot, but Im feeling Marks shit a lil more. I like the hard drums on that.

ill o.g.
Holmz-
-Another chill beat. I cant enough of this shit. Clean, the vocals are dope. They fit in prefect. I dont know what t say bout this one.

MarkN-
-Strings sample was nice. The drums really just werent what i think they shouldve been. I saw where you were goin with the drums. I just think they were too quantized and lacked a little mixing too make them swing the way they should..

Holmz get my vote

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yo this one was real close, had to give it to mark though, the sample was on point, a bit more 'musical' than holmz. both sick though.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
holmz--- very nice dope beat. i almost shed a tear reminiscing on my childhood. haha nah very dope, everything fits real nice, good work.

mark--- the beat has potential man, and the sped up kanye style works well, i just cant get past the drums. too bad you couldnt get hold of some nice snare and kick samples. overall nice beat tho, and def has potential once you get your pc back on track, good work..

gotta go wit holmz on this one...teardrop...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wow..... both these are nice... mark, damn you came up like nobody's business... i havent seen anything from you in a minute but and this dont even sound like the same guy... this is an mc's track if ever there was one... i dont hear what everyone else is sayin about the drums either... sounds prefectly fine to me.. this is a classic, straight forward soul beat, and i mean that in a good way. zero complaints.

holmz... basically.. the same things about mark's beat i wouldnt expect anything less man... the vocals cuts are nice...

honestly... i got to roll with mark, cause, well, there isnt anything that really puts one over the other to me.. i would simply pick that beat to rock on an album if it came down to the two with one choice to be made...

this is a tough one.

A

ACEBEATZ

Holmzini : Pros : Relaxing vibe, fo real, made me calm. Kinda peaceful beat to lay message rhymes or to smoke a blunt on it!!

Cons : No real cons here.

Markn : Pros : Nice relaxing track too, kinda love vibe. Great sample playin.

Cons : No real cons here neither.

Verdict : Shit, that is hard to choose. Both of these beat are comparable work.

But my choice would go on - MARKN - for this one...

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
HOLMMMZZ!!! The man i call "USA style" of beat. Not sure about the voice though, lol , but i like your track. Nice beat

MarkN:.........!!!!!
I looove the vibe of your track. I dont like your drumz, but i lke the melody... melody is so important to me... and you have it....

THAT ONE IS HARD!!!!!

......help..

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
fuck this one is tough as a muffucca... they on the same vibe ... both these muffuccas is dope for realz...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Closed my eyes and clicked.....

Just kidding. I might as well have. Both these beats were dope. The only thing that had me fall onto Marks vote was the way those string and flute samples were chopped up.

Good work fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.