November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Mr. P vs. Syn

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Mr. P

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Syn

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Mr. P vs. Syn battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yo both were worthy tracks I have to say! I gotta go with P on this one. I felt that P's was the overall best out of the two.

Syn, that was on some scary, Imma fuck you up, and eat ya parents type shit. I could see that on a Gravediggaz joint. Nice one my man.

Update,,,WTF

what happened to the polls?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Mr. P
This track is good. The main part is good but gets annoying with the record scratch. What I really like was towards the end around the 3:00 mark. That should have been the track! But you still did a good job.

Syn
Ahhh horror. Very well done, although the bassline is dope, it can kill a person's ears! The whole track is good, and I like the voices thrown in here and there.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Syn got my vote. Im into that scary ass shit.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
these were both some great beats. wow, this is tough shit. haha. dizzaaaam. every time i think i've decided on one, i listen to the other one and i'm like, oh man, i didn't notice that before, this one is hot. lol.

ill o.g.
Mr P-
-I wasnt feelin that synth one bit. But the drums were my kinda shit. This is real different. I dont even know how to judge this.

Syn-
-Those voices are cool. Screamin fit in nicely.

Syn get my vote.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
P -- nice beat, just doesnt strike me as too interesting, i think maybe its the samples. i like the breakdown part the best where the drums drop, nice work.

syn--- nice bangin bass and scary chords, im feelin this beat with the more intense feel to it. i like the screams in the back nice touch...haha

syn gets mi vota on this one...

A

ACEBEATZ

Mr.P : Pros : Hardcore track, feelin like a murder is going to happen.

Cons : Sample aren't totally always in time with drums.

Syn : Pros : Horror kinda track, givin tha chill!!!

Cons : No problems really here.

Verdict : Kinda hard to choose, 2 comparable tracks. 2 good works. If I had to spit on one of em i would go for Mr.P beat.

So my choice is - MR.P - ...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Went with P...

I hate to sound like a broken record bu this was a close one. P had that boom bap sh*t. Production wise syn had it but I just liked P's better.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Mr.P ; Too much reverb on the drums, composition is out of tune sometimes, false notes making it sound messy.

Syn ; Drums are a bit boring,samples are dope but a bit repetitive.I also notice some distortions, keep you levels in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.