November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Rahsoul vs. Tricky Spinz

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Rahsoul

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Tricky Spinz

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin Wednesday, November 24th at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating! I'll be looking out for people trying to signup under different names or getting other people to signup and vote for them.

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the Rahsoul vs. Tricky Spinz battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Reviews

Rahsoul
Dope! Good use of those strings, they COULD sound annoying but you used them just enough so that they don't. And good changeup with the Jay-Z snippets.

Tricky Spinz
I like this track because it sounds like you threw everything into the mix. My only complaint is the bassline. Too loud and it kind of pushes out the other sounds a bit. But good overall.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Rah - you had a lot to prove i guess lol, i did like the beat the sample composition woz good and the stabs broke the strings up well !
tricky - this is a dope beat probably one of my fave ive heard from you, kinda reminds me of timbaland especially that snare and the percussion !
Even tho i felt both beats were good, i woz really impressed with trickys effort, so i gotta go for that !

VAKSEEN

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i def like both joints but i think i gotta go with tricky. the bass was a lil loud but i can def see an mc getting loose on this. freakin it. ur joint was dope too rah. it was def hard to decide

ill o.g.
RAh-
-Thats my shit. This is the kinda beats im lookin for. This is dope. The sample goin way up mos def is icing on the cake. The switchups. All dope.

Tricky-
-The bass didnt fit into the sample imo. The melody was good, i just wasnt feelin this type of hip-hop.

Rah got my vote.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Vakseen, that bass sounds perfect to me. but thats just me. I went with spinz. shit 50/50. this a battle here

R

rah.soul

well...

trick's beat was.. interesting?

i'm not gonna be an ass, but i'll be honest. I thought that joint was pretty bad.. the bass killed it. way to overpowering, put a filter on that joint or something.

i'm out

-rah

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
rah--- nice beat, ill like the way it comes in, im not really feelin the jay z samples, sound a bit off to me, but maybe thats just cause i dont like jay z, nice work tho

tricky-- i dont mind the heavy bass line but some of the other instruments dont sit right for me. the melodies arent bad, i just think better instruments would improve this beat..

rah gets my vote on this one...

A

ACEBEATZ

Rah : Pros : Nice sounding track, punching drums, excellent sequencing. Nice bassline.

Cons : No real problem here except bass level could have been a little higher.

Trickyspin : Pros : Track sounds clear and instruments blend well together.

Cons : Ocasionnaly very small clipping make the track kinda skipping, altough some of you may not hear it, you gotta listen closely. But this is not a big issue.

Verdict : Two great tracks but...

My choice definitely goes with - RAH - ...

R

rah.soul

Hah... tricky. You handled your self as a "newbie" there. I didn't just go outwardly say you sucked, i said your joint was pretty bad in my opinion, but, with class, i suggested some possible tips to make it better and pointed out what i thought made it bad.

So, your claim that I'm a "faggot" holds no ground.

Have some class of your own next time and don't catch feelings when someone attempts to provide construction critisism.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
rah.soul said:
Hah... tricky. You handled your self as a "newbie" there. I didn't just go outwardly say you sucked, i said your joint was pretty bad in my opinion, but, with class, i suggested some possible tips to make it better and pointed out what i thought made it bad.

So, your claim that I'm a "faggot" holds no ground.

Have some class of your own next time and don't catch feelings when someone attempts to provide construction critisism.

???? are you retarded? "I thought that joint was pretty bad." Exactly how is that not saying my join sucked? hm? clarify for me would you please as to HOW that is ANY DIFFERENT from straight up saying my joint sucked. as far as i can see, i don't see one fucking piece of constructive criticism in your post. you diss my beat, and then your suggestion is, "put a filter on that thing or something?" you call that "tips?" i call it you being a faggot. so therefore, my claim holds up perfectly, and your STILL a faggot. and don't even try to call me a newbie on here man. i been here a lot longer than you, so suck my cock.

R

rah.soul

"and don't even try to call me a newbie on here man. i been here a lot longer than you, so suck my cock."

Heh... lol you expect me to think you gain clout from posting on a message board? I'd much rather be a newbie than a veteran on an internet production forum. But kudos to whatever you hold dear... As for my "tip" I could care less whether you take a grain of salt with that or not, thats your decision, i merely offered a suggestion, as vauge as it may have been, to make the bassline better in my opinion. So if offering an opinion, especially with a disclaimer of "i don't mean to be an ass", is offensive, than do you. I'll take you calling me a "faggot" over your being able to brag about posting on a message board anyday, cuze in reality, i don't give a shit. And if you feel the same way about what I say, then let it be.

-Rah.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
gyal, if he's gonna be a faggot because he's new here and has no class, then i'm gonna call him on it, end of story.

and rah, why don't you just think a little before you post. use that thing you have called a brain, or maybe you don't have one. your blatantly calling my beat shit. do you actually thing i'm NOT gonna call you on it? do you think there is ANY way that you saying something like that is not gonna put you in this position? cuz if you do you're a moron plain and simple. and i think that i know how to act around here because i've been here a lot longer. i think you're still learning the ropes, and if that means that you're gonna be an asshole so be it, but i'm gonna call you on it every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online