November 24-28, 2004 - WORLD ROUND 1: Rahsoul vs. Tricky Spinz

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the better beat?

• Rahsoul

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Tricky Spinz

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yo Spinz, you had a great competetive beat, but let the music do tha talking dog....You both came strong, but comin @ rah like that simply cuz hes the new cat dont make no sense....

You basically both got 2 totally different styles, which also makes for a good comp....But theres no need for beef like that unless dude really caused a stir around here, dont u think?

To be honest, my Vote goes to Rah - for the simple fact that dude came stronger than you regardless of the beef that arose afterwards.

STEEZ

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
OK, he came a little hot with his first comment, but i think that he still kept it contained enough to where u dont gotta loose yer cool man....Uve been here a long time Spinz....I kno what u got in the arsenal, and i think u got a great ear and ability for making dope music...So in that case, act like a vet and set an example is all im saying.....

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This battle was hard for me. This was a toss up for me so I didn't vote.

Rah=This had the boom bap arrangement that I usually go for. I don't think the Jay Z vocal snippets fit. The chop work on the strings was cool but there was a part of string samples I would have left out.

Tricky=Sounded clean. I guess becuase your beat ain't sampled. The arrangement was dope but I liked Rah's percussion work a little more.

R

rah.soul

DueceMade Ent. said:
Yo Spinz, you had a great competetive beat, but let the music do tha talking dog....You both came strong, but comin @ rah like that simply cuz hes the new cat dont make no sense....

You basically both got 2 totally different styles, which also makes for a good comp....But theres no need for beef like that unless dude really caused a stir around here, dont u think?

I'll let that speak for itself. He summed it up.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Rahsoul ; I already destroyed the living room, so I'm trashin' the bedroom. Great vibe, certain headnod factor to it. There's little diversity though and some samples I feel shouldn't have used.

Tricky Spinz ; Instrumentz dont blend, the bass is fat, but that's really it. Composition is too busy and repetitive.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ok, ok, ok... c'mon, if me and gram green could have a civilized battle, i KNOW you guys can....

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Poppa's Home...

Wadup to ya'll. Let me say that I'm enjoying all you sonz do yo'thang. Keep up the good work. Daddy's watchin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online